Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
I assume you use this to haul Race-Tires?
I'll leave this here for now, 'til I get more info....

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, I use it for hauling anything I need for autoxing not just my tires.
What's your point? Are you saying that it should be in the tires section because if so it isn't about tires as much as it is about autoxing needs.
What is the point?

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
No, I use it for hauling anything I need for autoxing not just my tires.
What's your point? Are you saying that it should be in the tires section because if so it isn't about tires as much as it is about autoxing needs.
What is the point?
If you're using it for RACING Utility, it's TOTALLY Fine here.
If it was a "General Post" about a Trailer-Hitch-Mod, I'd consider moving it to either Pit Stop or the SVT Forum.
Your First Post wasn't too Specific, so I wasn't sure if you meant to place it here or not.
Since you did it for Auto-X utility, I'll Happily Leave it Alone. You didn't mention any racing in your first post, so I was a little unsure.
Definitely NOT the "Tires" Section.
It's just not a typical "Racing Mod", so I wasn't sure of the Purpose behind the Obvious Utility.
If your pix had included one of a little trailer filled w/ "Racing Goodies", I would've never thought twice about it. Sorry for the Confusion on my end.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I'm with you now. Sorry, I failed to add what I was discussing in an other forum.
I am in the process of building my trailer for autoxing needs and I just put together the hitch for it.
I now have the hitch and the large tool box to hold my air tank, helmet, jack, numbers...
Now I'm just waiting for my trailer kit to arrive. I will then show the final setup.
I'm sorry I confussed you guys and I see how I left out some very important points.

Later,

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
All cool man.
Keep us Posted!

·
Banned
17,312 Posts

Here are the Pics of the hitch in question.

·
Liter-a-cola? I measure my drinks in YARDS!
9,786 Posts
couldn't you just take the plastic off instead of cutting it.....good idea though. if i could figure out a way to have one w/o cutting that or taking it off, i'd think about it.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Removing the plastic mesh exposes the whole bottom end. It's really ugly. The close up really shows much more than you see just by walking by it.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Did you fabricate this yourself or is it a drawtight or some other brand??
Is it a factory item like a drawtight that is for a regular focus that is modified?????????Tell us more
Thanks,

1 - 11 of 11 Posts