Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
219 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love this system, and only ran into one problem so far. Last night, as my BOV made me stall I could hear the HKS Exhaust tap against something in the rear. I checked it out, and it seems there is a really close curv near the rear control bar?

I assume it made the exhaust "shake" when it stalled, more than it should under hard acceleration?

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
It could be..

I know that if I shake the rear can on my HKS it moves around a lot...

probably cuz it goes under the rear suspension..therefore giving it more movement, instead of the confined space above the rear suspension.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Originally posted by icemanZX3:
probably cuz it goes under the rear suspension..therefore giving it more movement, instead of the confined space above the rear suspension.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">As much as I love HKS and their products i often wonder how good of an idea that was? I steered clear of that exhaust because of that reason. I could see it now when i went over a yump or something....

·
Registered
158 Posts
I don't know what all the talk about the pipe going under the suspension is about. Civics come stock with an exhaust like that as do many other cars, Unless your car is slammed to the ground nothing's going to happen

·
Registered
294 Posts
Originally posted by Andy The Egg:
I don't know what all the talk about the pipe going under the suspension is about. Civics come stock with an exhaust like that as do many other cars, Unless your car is slammed to the ground nothing's going to happen
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Or unless you live in a place where there is a lot of bumps and frost heaves. Or occaisionally like to go off roading...i'd rather not dent up a $500 exhuast system.

·
Registered
1,773 Posts
Originally posted by ruggedman:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by icemanZX3:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">As much as I love HKS and their products i often wonder how good of an idea that was? I steered clear of that exhaust because of that reason. I could see it now when i went over a yump or something....
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">What the hell is a yump??

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Its because HKS wants to provide the smoothest path out the rear end.. therefore it runs under the rear suspension to give it the most bend-free flow provided.

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
Does anyone have a pic of the full HKS cat back? I am going to try to mirror it with a custom setup using the Hiper Exhuast for my SVT!

·
Registered
294 Posts
Originally posted by SE SPORTNY:
What the hell is a yump??
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Its like a jump, but your tires never leave the ground. The suspension flexes all the way out and the car "floats" but you still have contact with the road.

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
Originally posted by unfocused:
what size is the piping on the HKS?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">2.1/2.2in - It isnt quite 2 1/4in though.

- Drew

·
Registered
131 Posts
Man that's a lot of gurgling after rev sound on the Foci Hiper...I dunno if I like that. My magnaflow sounds nice and clean...and kind of similar except a little deeper.

But still good stuff. Did you hear the Civic exhaust? That's not exactly accurate seeing as how you can hear a blow off valve, which means he did a lot of work to it...which in turn means your exhaust will not sound like that with a moderately worked car. ...but that's a Civic...who cares!

-AM

·
Registered
14 Posts
wow.... am i the only one with hks exhaust that doesnt sound like that clip

my exhaust is deeper and doesnt make that gurgle... oh well i like my exhaust

·
Registered
210 Posts
Originally posted by SVTRacing009:
I found a sound file of the HKS Hiper on a Focus... here it is if anyone is interested..

http://www.hks-power.com/exhaust/listen.html
i dont like the sound of it :-\ i wonder if it sounds like that in real life..
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Interesting sound clips. The subrau was impressive (almost Harley like) Im not really impressed with the Focus exhaust systems that use tha rear can. For some reason they all hang low (nut sack).

·
Registered
294 Posts
Originally posted by bugshack:
The subrau was impressive (almost Harley like) Im not really impressed with the Focus exhaust systems that use tha rear can. For some reason they all hang low (nut sack).
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">The subaru turbo flat four is the coolest sounding engine to me, well, besides ferraris and that crap. I really miss my nasty turbo subaru exhuast note that I had before this focus.
Now i just sound like another ricer

1 - 19 of 19 Posts