Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can someone show me what it looks like. I heard onces that the pipe doen't go thru the suspension like the stock one, but goes under and around the suspension. Can someone show me what it looks like and how far off the ground does it hang. Thanks.
D

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
correct me if i'm wrong, but does hks have an exhaust 4 the svt? now b4 u pull out flame guns...yeah yeah i know the zx3 exh will fit an svt...however...if i remember correct, the hks is a 2in exh...now considerin the svt flexpipe and stock exh is 2.5...that doesnt like a good match...

-Ult

[ 03-06-2003, 09:35 PM: Message edited by: UltegraSTI ]

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What I really need is pictures so I can show to the guy who is going to bend pipes for me. He thinks I crazy running a pipe under the suspension. Just need pics from under the car. Thanks

[ 03-06-2003, 09:43 PM: Message edited by: D ]

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Sweet. Now I can show the guy what it looks like and make it 2.5 pipes. Looks like a resonator a smaller muff the out to the canister.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Originally posted by D:
Sweet. Now I can show the guy what it looks like and make it 2.5 pipes. Looks like a resonator a smaller muff the out to the canister.

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Nice setup you got!

I notice the piping on the HKS isn't stainless steel. Is that custom piping or the same piping that originally comes with the HKS Hiper?

Also did you have to do any custom work to make the HKS Hiper fit perfectly with the car? I ask this, because you have a Wings West rear lip which I also have.

Hmm...D, is that your car?
If not, then whoever's car is in those pics...please answer my questions.

·
Registered
420 Posts
Originally posted by Hi-Risk:

I notice the piping on the HKS isn't stainless steel. Is that custom piping or the same piping that originally comes with the HKS Hiper?
[/QUOTE}

That's the original piping. It's not a stainless system.

Also did you have to do any custom work to make the HKS Hiper fit perfectly with the car? I ask this, because you have a Wings West rear lip which I also have.

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I think you may need to hack off the canister and weld in a few inchs of pipe so it clears the bumper. Nazthug knows, he had to do something like that.

-jesse

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Originally posted by subliminal kid:
]I think you may need to hack off the canister and weld in a few inchs of pipe so it clears the bumper. Nazthug knows, he had to do something like that.

-jesse
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">But by looking at those pics, it don't seem like any custom work was needed.

·
Registered
2,434 Posts

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Why would you say that? How can you tell my simply looking at pictures? It looks exactly like the finish on my apexi, and that's titanium powdercoated stainless steel. I think HKS uses the same process. The front resonator looks the same, the bends are all the same into the second muffler. But with the apexi the second muffler is HUGE like a big oversized paint can or something. From that point on the similarities in the systems end. I wouldnt be surprised if they are made in the same plant or something over in japan.

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
if you have the WW rear apron, to do it RIGHT, you are gonna need to cut off the canister right at the end, and weld in another 2" or so of pipe, that way your HKS canister tip will clear the apron, otherwise, it still works, but the tip sits inside the cuttout and just doesnt look right, plus its gonna **** up your paint on the lip.

Youre also gonna have to trim the apron a bit on the inside, but its no biggie

Extended 2" it looks alot better, where the tip comes right to the edge of the apron

Either way, it was my FAVORITE exhuast by far, its 1 badass setup and the sound is just purely AMAZING

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
Originally posted by UltegraSTI:
correct me if i'm wrong, but does hks have an exhaust 4 the svt? now b4 u pull out flame guns...yeah yeah i know the zx3 exh will fit an svt...however...if i remember correct, the hks is a 2in exh...now considerin the svt flexpipe and stock exh is 2.5...that doesnt like a good match...

-Ult
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">HKS is a 60mm exhaust. thats 2.36 inches.

·
Registered
534 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

Hmm...D, is that your car?
If not, then whoever's car is in those pics...please answer my questions.
[/QB]
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">No this is not my ride. But the exhaust would look almost the same. I am going to ge installed tomarrow. Will show some pics. Thanks

·
Registered
124 Posts
Thats actually my ride and it did sit on the rear apron a lil but oddly never hurt the paint
but now it rests basically right on my new bumper so i am thinking of just hackin off the piping and usig the mufflers and resonator for a 2.5" setup but I am not sure if it is feasable yet.

But I absolutly love the exhaust it's great

·
Registered
407 Posts
The HKS is 55mm (2.166") Nazthug extended his to get past an aftermarket bumper. I know because I bought his HKS exhaust after he went turbo. It has a deep resonant sound on my ZX3 but the 100mm tip was a bit much for my middle aged personality so it was replaced with a 2.25" glass-pack in black, for a more subtle appearance.

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
Originally posted by djsilver:
The HKS is 55mm (2.166") Nazthug extended his to get past an aftermarket bumper. I know because I bought his HKS exhaust after he went turbo. It has a deep resonant sound on my ZX3 but the 100mm tip was a bit much for my middle aged personality so it was replaced with a 2.25" glass-pack in black, for a more subtle appearance.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">noooooooooooooo

you got rid of the FAMOUS HKS muffler?

Are you crazy? That muffler costs $300, thats the ONLY piece that makes that exhuast so expensive, its a work of GOD...i cant believe you hakked it off...why oh why, you should have sold it back to me, i would have hung it on my wall, it doesnt deserve getting hacked....

How does it sound now? I still cant believe it...that muffler is GOD

If you still have it layin around...can i have it back?
I will hang it on my wall

·
Registered
183 Posts
It really varies from car to car but I know mine sounds completly diff, i removed the resonator, and the small muffler, which if you look at it actually get down to the normal two inches inside.

I quote no performance gain fro doing this, just a bit better throttle response

1 - 20 of 25 Posts