Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how difficult is it to instal the hks exhaust? I just got it and dont want to wait until monday to have it put on

·
Registered
883 Posts
Originally posted by artin:
for a expert like a 40 min install

rookie your liiking 1.5 hr

its easy go for it
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Is there something diff. about this than others, my installer took 15mins for my exhaust.

·
Registered
420 Posts
I got mine today too!
I'm installing it w/ FocusBoy and Debi tomorrow @ 2... As far as I can tell, it's as simple as cutting off the stock and bolting on the new on.
I'd say it should take me an hour.

-jesse

·
Registered
168 Posts
Hey to those of you installing the HKS please post some pictures if possible. That is the exhuast i am thinking of getting and would like to see some pictures. Thanks

·
Registered
299 Posts
We installed subliminals HKS system yesterday without a hitch. It went on very quickly and it's a very nice looking system. The rear exhaust goes under the rear suspension which makes for a very easy install and I like the way the rear muffler looks as it is angled. Make sure you wear gloves as jesse had multiple cuts from the heat shields trying to remove the stock system from the rubber hangers. Certainly helps to have a sawsall (?) to cut the stock system out (1 cut). Nice job jesse!

·
Registered
420 Posts
Ya, install took us approx. 40 minutes and this is with me never having done anything to the underside of a car.

1) Jack the Car.
2) Cut the stock exhuast right before the rear suspension where it begins to bend up.
3) Remove the rear piece from the hanger and pull it off the car.
4) Unbolt the stock exhuast from the flex pipe and remove it from the hangers. Removing it from the hangers was the hardest part. Give it plenty of WD40 and a bit of mussle.

5) With the stock exhuast off, put the HKS into all the hangers.
6) Bolt the two sections of the HKS togeather.
7) Bolt the HKS to the Flexpipe.

Your done.

I'll take some pictures when I get to work later today. It looks and sounds great.

Thanks for the help Walter.

-jesse

[ 12-22-2002, 02:38 PM: Message edited by: subliminal kid ]

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
If you can, I recommend having someone else there with you to hold things in place. Last thing you want is piping falling on you.

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
Originally posted by subliminal kid:
I got mine today too!
I'm installing it w/ FocusBoy and Debi tomorrow @ 2... As far as I can tell, it's as simple as cutting off the stock and bolting on the new on.
I'd say it should take me an hour.

-jesse
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">So, now tell us what you think of the sound. My second choice would have been the Bosal but to me, the HKS looks soooo sweet.

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
The HKS is not much louder than stock but it has a deeper, very mellow tone. Push on the gas and gets a bit louder, but not much.

Headers would be perfect with it. But I'll never know cuz I'm swappin' out to the 2.3 in a few months if everything goes as planned.

·
Registered
420 Posts
eh, I dropped the pipes on myself... Didn't hurt too bad.

I love the sound. It's just as Phillip described. Barely louder than stock if you're driving normally and then if you punch it you get a nice deep tone. After 3.5k the intake noise takes over.

I agree w/ Phillip that it would sound really good w/ headers. Maybe late summer or spring of next year I'll be getting headers/cams/cam gears... I think it'll make a very nice sound

-jesse

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
here are some pics

I agree with the others the sound is great not loud but still a deep and powerful sound. I am running it with the JBA headers and injen intake and it's awsome. I'll be installing the bosal flex pipe and random cat just after christmas. I can't wait

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
Damn Jesse, don't agree too much. I'm offended when people agree with me. Just kiddin'

1 - 16 of 16 Posts