Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
135 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the hks exhaust is about 500 buck plus shipping and etc, i was wonderig is it worth it to pay taht much? what are the horsepower gains? does it scrap on the ground with a lowered 2" car? help need to make decision soon...

·
Registered
542 Posts
I guess if you like that style of exhaust. I personally don't like the supra/rx7 ****ed sideways coffee can/hangin low style exhaust.
Its pretty expensive also, but alot of folks with the $$$ say they like it. Me personally, I say stick with something tried and true.

-Jeff-

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
waste...look in another direction, if ur lookin quiet, which the hks has been touted 4, then look...

at bosal, FS, apexi ...

-Ult

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
HKS is tried and true, their exhausts have been around for a long time. They are quality. The reason it's routed the way it is, is due to the fact that they didn't want to utilize the stock exhaust design with the 90 degree turns. They wanted to give as much as a straight exit as possible.

Another thing about HKS, is the sound is smooth. I have not heard it on the Focus, but on a Probe, Eclipse, and an Civic, the sounds is very smooth and nice! Not loud.

It is VERY expensive however, the one downside to me. But to me it is one of the better exhausts out. Just my opinion

·
Registered
158 Posts
Beyond a shadow of a doubt this exhaust is wortgh the money. i love mines. I live in SO. Cal tuner capitol of the world and there aren't too many exhaust notes out there that sound better than mines. It doesn't sound cheap, and it only gets loud when you haul ass, just like it should be. the only people who don't like it are people who can't afford it, I'd bet you can't find a single hks owner who isn't sattisfied. besides gentlemen exhausts shouldn't be rated on volume, but on gains and quality of the tone. Can't beat it.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
I absolutely LOVE my HKS system!!

its so nice and low..and it still pretty quiet with the Focus Central Off road pipe on there too!!

Its worth every penny and its more quiet than my previous Bosal exhaust.

I give the HKS

3 thumbs up!!!

·
Registered
67 Posts
look at some other exhaust systems before you buy it, they're much cheaper than $500.

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
buying an exhaust system should include a look at all the components: price, sound, material (s/s, alum., etc.), power, fit/finish. you should pick what you like given those guidelines. personally the HKS system is not my taste in fit/finish, but it's a well designed system and everyone that i know of that owns one loves it. take a look at all your options and choose wisely, this is the reason everyone will tell you what they have is best

Nate

·
Registered
158 Posts
Very well put. I couldn't agree more.

Oh yeah I have a 2" drop and the only time I scraped it was when I backed over a curb.

[ 09-05-2002: Message edited by: Andy The Egg ]</p>

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
i LOVE mine too....and NO other exhuast sounds like it, trust me, it just adds to the smoother feel of the car, because it sounds....SMOOTH. Seriously guys, ive had 3 exhuasts, and this is by far the best sounding.

HKS knows their stuff....its that simple

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
I WILL buy the HKS...once this little CEL issue that I have is done with.

Although I like the sound of my Vibrant, I just want a change in looks and sound (Vibrant is kinda loud even WITHOUT race header).

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
i had a vibrant back in the day...ur gonna cream your pants when you switch out for the hks man...

just ask tuan(san jo) about how badly he wanted to junk his vibrant for my HKS

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
I too will be buying the HKS... I'm just going to have to modify the flange to get it to fit my SVT. But so be it.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
<blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr>Originally posted by nazthug:
i had a vibrant back in the day...ur gonna cream your pants when you switch out for the hks man...

just ask tuan(san jo) about how badly he wanted to junk his vibrant for my HKS
<hr></blockquote>

Yo Naz, as we speak I really want to trash my Vibrant (actally sell it
) and get the HKS ASAP.

Naz, I notice that you do have the WW W-Type lip kit. So...were there any installation problems with the HKS since the HKS sits under the suspension and is mounted at an angle?

My other for you folks is...WHERE can I get it?

I know that ZED had it at one point but they went down.
Any sponsors currently have it?

·
Super Moderator
12,435 Posts
It's too much to justify spending on. I have a perfectly good exhaust now and I really can't get into that canister style muffler.

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
this might turn some of you away..but I paid $715 out the door for my HKS exhaust...not exactly cheap if you know what I mean...but thats what you get for not going through the 'Net.

still sounds ungodly sweet as hell with no cat!!

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
damn ice....you payed alot man, i dont know if its worth all that...

Its great knowing people

The HKS and wings west lip:

You need to trim the inside of the lip a bit on the side where the HKS muffler comes from, you also have to cut the muffler off and extend it out 1.5" or so, for it to look right, you can do without that, but you wont see the tip, and it will slowly eat away at your lip, nothing dramatic..but it also doesnt look as good.

A good muffler shop will put the car on the lift, cutt the muffler off, weld a 1.5" pipe in there, and weld it back together for about $30 and it will look PERFECT under the WW lip, i like the lip alot because it covers some of the canister up, otherwise, its VERY VERY agressive looking with the stock bumper, you can see EVERYTHING

This way it looks really sweet

Oh, and i still love my HKS

1 - 20 of 34 Posts