Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
857 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys,
hopefully i will be able to gather some input from people about this topic. heck, this might even help some other people out too.

Most people are familiar with the HKS exhaust kits and other kits with a muffler at the rear of the car, rather than the traditional center muffler kits. These kits come under the axel and exit at an angle.

So my question is... is this style popular? Back nearly a year ago, we were flooded with comments for carrying this style of kit. So we came out with a new design. But i regret to say, this kit doesn't seem to be living up to the hype we once had for it.

Help us bring to you what you want and offer more options for the Focus community. Are the mufflers we offer just not cutting it? (Weapon R, AroSpeed, and TruBendz brand)

Here's another option. Would you rather see just tubing only kits. Basically an "add your own muffler" kit. This way you can virtually use ANY muffler you choose.

what are your thoughts on this style of exhaust kit?

thanks guys,
Josh
TruBendz Tech.

·
Registered
2,547 Posts
Personally I think, and always have, that they're ugly. I'd like to have access to a tubing only kit, if it were T304 and 2.25" dia.

Perhaps they'd sell better if you advertised better, I'm on the board allll day and all night and this is the first I've heard of your HKS style kits.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I like them as long as they don't hang down low and are not at an angle, I don't like seeing exhaust piping from behind the car.

·
Registered
556 Posts
I think it looks a little ricey...like u just went to pep-boys and picked up the APC universal muffler special made just for noise

·
Registered
12,245 Posts
I'd just liek to say that I just got my HKS, JBA shorty FC cat and flex pipe installed Tuesday and I am over joyed with the look and sound of it. not to mention the power that it has unleashed. Its not overwhelming power addition but lets just say, its there. I can feel a big difference from just my AEM CAI now.

I love the look of my exhaust, I really like the look of it coming off on an angle b/c i'd rather it do that
then hang down nearly touching the ground like some of the civics that i see around my town with the coffee can mufflers they have
i really hate that look. I'll have some pix up soon to show you how it looks on my car and I think its great.

just my $.02

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
Well for me I'm not crazy about an exhaust tip that exits at an angle through a bumper cut out that is straight back. I don't care if the muffler can be seen as long as the tip sits correctly in the bumper opening and not hanging down threatening to hit the ground. What I would really like is a system that is as quiet as my Magnaflow was before I installed the race header. damn I wish this thing was quiet again.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I love your HKS style exhaust. The angled look rear muffler is great. However, I'm worried about it being to loud whenever I get a race header. I know some mufflers are adjustable, but I'm not sure how quite they will be with a race header. And the stainless steel (like I want) is a little expensive. I could get the Focus Sport Stealth for about the same. You should cut me a deal or create a GB for focaljet.
I would love to replace my stock exhaust before christmas. Good luck with everything.
Brian

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Maybe if those rear "can" mufflers sounded as good as my flowmaster, i would sway more torwards it. They hang to low, im affraid i would hit it on a speed bump or something.

·
Registered
75 Posts
dats sweet!!!!i lyke it...is dat 2.5 pipping or 3 inch?
i have an angled 5zigen universal fireball exhaust its small but very loud... and its straight piped to the stock conv.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
I think it looks a little ricey...like u just went to pep-boys and picked up the APC universal muffler special made just for noise
To THINK it's ricey means ya don't know ya [censored].

It's a performance mod for christ sakes.

·
Registered
2,181 Posts
you mean like this?

No only if that came out straight...I personaly like the look of the muffler in teh back...although not at a bend...and not hanging low...and most of all not loud as all hell...

Not Exactly the same thing but...

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
If i buy one, i wouldnt buy it for a while, but it would be a good idea to just sell the tubing which routes the same way as the hks, and then we can just buy our own can style muffler and have it welded on. I personally like those mufflers with the burn marked on the end.

·
Registered
2,368 Posts
Whos exhaust is that on the black foci, and what type is it. Can anyone give me more pics with that exhaust?

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
Personally I agree with most of the views that the angled tip is usually associated with the "ricer" mentality. Functionally, the HKS has probably one of the most straight through designs which is good, but the angled look I think has come to the end of it's lifespan. I love the canister look, but if there is no way to do it with the "straight out" design as pictured with the Supra.. I just think it doesn't look right.

There seems to be a move to make our cars look cleaner, and the angled exhaust doesn't fit that design.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts