Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.2kracing.com/product_info.php/cPath/476_477/products_id/3803

[3803-2KR-1504-SF01US]

Hi, has anyone every used this before? How does it sound and does it use the stock intake tube and MAF housing? How far is the filter from the MAF? Do you need to oil filter/replace it?

Also, if I just want to take out the OEM airbox and mount a conical K&N filter to the stock intake and MAF, what is the size or model of cone K&N that I need? I have an 02 Zetec Manual?

Thanks!

·
Registered
5,176 Posts
No info on the HKS, firts time I've heard it for the focus.

As for the K&N its ru2710 for the size that fits on the end of the MAFS.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Hey Cameroon,

Does that K&N filter come with a hose clamp? I've wanted to stick a filter on the end of the MAF for a while now. Is it just as effective or would a smooth aluminum pipe make a big difference over the bumpy plastic stock one?

·
That one was just me not paying attention....and s
7,509 Posts
and this from Mr. HKS himself, I would trust the man with a like a 500 horse power Focus with his own design HKS turbo set up.

·
Registered
5,176 Posts
Hey Cameroon,

Does that K&N filter come with a hose clamp? I've wanted to stick a filter on the end of the MAF for a while now. Is it just as effective or would a smooth aluminum pipe make a big difference over the bumpy plastic stock one?
You know I honestly don't remember if it had a clamp with the filter or not.

I had the k&n on the end of the stock tubing/MAFS (btw keep the lower half of the airbox in place for a partial heatshield) I then had an AEM CAI, (the mounting tabs and mounts broke) I the hacked the AEM down to a short ram.

I never could tell any signifcant difference between any of them.

BTW the 90* elbow and about 6" of that AEM with a new ITG filter are now clamped to the bottom of my duratec MAFS.

·
Registered
3,472 Posts
My bet is that the K&N doesnt come with a hose clamp. Thankfully, they are readily available at any local hardware store. Be sure to get real stainless steel pieces not cheesy nickel plated chinese junk often found at wal-mart type retailers. It will rust immediatly and more often than not provide very little clamping force before failing. This is ussually whats provided with most knock-off intakes as well.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Oh, so the HKS is just a filter??!! Wow, and I read on a Celica forum that the foams must be replaced a couple times a year at high cost!!

Although it comes from HKS himself, the filter was not specifically designed for the Focus only...it probably was tuned on other import cars and then adapted for the Focus? Do you think they really modified the filter just for the Focus? Ok, so maybe they did, who knows? Anyhow...it's still using the stock upper?

THANK YOU Cameroon, I finally get an answer.
I ordered one yesterday from a local store (PartsSource Canada does <font color="red">not</font> carry them!!!)
I pick it up hopefully today afternoon.
I will then try to install it. (I don't have any tools with me today)

I am really a dumdum when it comes to mounting a filter, but do I buy some sort of 84mm stainless steel clamp from Home Depot...or what size of clamp are there to choose from?

Another question: when you mounted the K&N on your 2.0L ZETEC, was there a <font color="red">sound</font> difference between the 3 kinds of intakes you had?

Thanks again!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts