Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I haven't really noticed anything, but what I did notice is that my car eats gas like crazy now. I was at half-tank this morning, and after driving for maybe...oh I don't know...1 total hour all day, the gas light came on.

Anyone experience this before? I tried the fuel injector cleaners, but that didn't help much.

Any ideas? Help me out, because at this rate I'll have to fill up my tank twice a WEEK!

-AM

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
Sure it wasn't just because you wanted to 'test out' you new mod?

There is no reason for a UDP to cause your gas mileage to go down, in face, it should go up. Ours did after we installed our UDP long ago. Since it is making it easier to spin the crank, it takes less power to do so, there by freeing up power even when not needed and helping you improve your gas mileage by letting the engine work less.

- Drew

[ 03-22-2003, 10:30 AM: Message edited by: focusownerskid ]

·
Registered
406 Posts
Damn dude that is weird? Do you have like a lead foot or a dead foot.. or somethin like that? It really should help your mileage... have you checked your fuel filter.. every 15000 miles it should be changed...

·
Registered
354 Posts
It's not the pulley. Check for things like leaky tank ( I know its unlikely), is the tank really empty? Maybe your e-brake was on somehow?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts