Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Banned
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just put a Volant in my 2002 sedan.

Everything is great! however, there is a small tube left over that runs from THE TOP OF THE ENGINE... has no home in the Volant box. It used to run into the side of the factory box, but the Volant has no hole for it.

It's this tube. I hope this pic is sufficient. http://www.imagestation.com/mypictures/inbox/view.html?id=4247438881&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.imagestation.com%2Fpicture%2Fsraid35%2Fp3816985837a0167622ddaee8cb95f1de%2Ffd2ac621.jpg&caption=fe2a98c8[ /IMG]

For now I have left the tube just tucked next to the Volant.

Also, I noticed the engine runs a little hot now. I can smell coolant and I saw a little steam this morning after being on the freeway for about 20 min. I want to take it into the dealership... but I don't want any hard times from them for the Volant. What should I do??? and have any of you guys had any of these problems??? [img]images/icons/frown.gif

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
i'm pretty sure that's the PCV hose. uhm, you might want to connect that. i dont know much about the volant system, i dont have it, but there is no hookup in the tubing either to that hose?

·
Banned
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
nope. No hole in the Volant box to hook the tube upto. I'm thinking of drilling a hole in the side of the volant for it. I guess you can get a little filter for it. I think that is what is in the pic I provided.

·
Registered
1,287 Posts
theres gotta be a hook-up on it..check the box and check the piping, if not go buy a breather filter and connect it

·
Registered
389 Posts
The Positive Crankcase Ventilation (PCV) System cycles crankcase gases back through the engine where they are burned. The PCV valve regulates the amount of ventilating air and blow-by gas to the intake manifold and prevents backfire from traveling into the crankcase.

CAUTION:
Do not remove the PCV system from the engine. Removal of the PCV system will adversely affect the fuel economy and engine ventilation and result in shorter engine life.

·
Banned
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So if there is no hole in the volant for my hose from the PCV valve. what do I do?\
Put a breather on it and things will be fine?

What has everyone else done?

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
that tube is just a breather tube for the engine. it needs to be filtered. filtered air. you could get a breater cap like you see on the valve covers of hot rods or you could try and work it into the intake tube some how. jegs breather caps

·
Registered
7,351 Posts
Get the beather cap... Would look phat too!

·
Banned
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sounds like a breather cap is the way to go???

Will this solve the hot engine? Does the ZTEC run warmer with an intake? Sorry fellas, new to this cai stuff.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Originally posted by AnthonyD:
Sounds like a breather cap is the way to go???

Will this solve the hot engine? Does the ZTEC run warmer with an intake? Sorry fellas, new to this cai stuff.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Ummm, there is a hole on the side of the Volant Box where you put the plastic nipple, then hook up the stock hose to that. Just like in the stock intake box where the hose hooked up.

I live in richmond hill, come by I can hook it up!

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
i'm not a mechanic, way far off if anything, but that picture looks to me like the focussport cool-flo intake
i have the volant myself, and yes there is a place to put that tube...it's on the bottom of volant
hope that helps

·
Banned
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I will take it apart tomorrow night and take a look.

As for the picture... It's not my car. I just needed a pic of a Ztec to show you guys the tube.

I'm pretty sure there was no hole in the Volant. But I will look anyway.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
so was blue just blowing smoke out his ass or what bout poor fuel mileage

·
Registered
389 Posts
Originally posted by Smoe:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I just posted a quote from the Ford Service Manual. That isn't my smoke or my a**.

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Originally posted by Smoe:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Blue was not, he quoted about the PCV system. WE do have a PCV Valve which is at another location and this is what he quoted.

What Anthony is having a problem with is jus tthe Valve Cover breather. Normally, it just gets vented back into the Airbox in stock form. Or you can put a Breather filter on there like in that Cool-Flo pic or just plumb it back into the intake tubing.

zx3ford has it dead on though, that hole to the bottom right is where the plastic piece needs to go for the breather hose!

·
Super Moderator
12,436 Posts
Welcome guys. This was killing me so I ripped mine out to show you.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts