Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i'm guessing they are needed w/o disturbing some cosmic force. can i shave them off to lighten the flywheel?

·
Registered
6,179 Posts
Removal would diabale the car. For a simulation, unplug the crank angle sensor located at the transmission end of the block, under the exhaust manifold.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok...i just realized i'm screwed. a local machinist shaved them off a stock piece i got out of a junk yard, in preporation to replacing the clutch. so now, is there anyway to fix it w/o buying another one?

·
Registered
6,179 Posts
I would also suggest taking the remains of the flywheel and applying it to various parts of the machinist at high velocities.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
just GREEAATTT!!! ok..so anyone using westside performance in houston, they have no clue what the countersinks are for either

·
Registered
6,179 Posts
Perhaps you should tell them that they have turned your flywheel into a paperweight and they will help bring in another one. New from Ford, I think they are about $100, so I doubt a used one is going to drop them into Chapter 11.

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Well, it might be salvageable, but I doubt it's worth the trouble. You could do what the aluminum flywheel manufacturers do, and bolt a steel ring to the flywheel to act as the "trigger" for the hall effect sensor (the crank position sensor).

But I doubt that would be worth the trouble. Plus it might not even work right with the stock flywheel, since with an aluminum one the trigger wheel is the ONLY metal that the sensor will "see". That is, the stock flywheel might interfere with a simple trigger wheel.

Oh, and what countersinks were you referring to?

·
TEAM Member
939 Posts
.....have a custom made ally holder for the sensor to move it closer to the flywheel holes so it can pick up the signal again from the thinned flywheel...not rocket science!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts