Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
397 Posts
what year are you talking about because new they were pretty overpriced, i think it was around 27,000 for a front wheel drive car with a little over 200 hp, not thanks rather by a camaro or mustang

·
Registered
688 Posts
If I'm correct the sh model just had a better suspension, and some other features.

·
Registered
744 Posts
there was also something with the ECU if I believe correctly (hense the reason only non-SH Preludes could be turbo charged) I had a '85 Prelude Si ... it was a good car to be a "first car" it was metal... alll metal... I paid $200 and replaced a hose and it worked fine
only had like 230,000 miles

·
Registered
798 Posts
Originally posted by Wedge1212:
yeah SH was just better handling
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yeah, it had the ATTS handling system, also differnt wheels, and a subtle body kit. The engine was the same, as far as I know.

One car magazine, can't remember which, said the SH was the best handling car under 30k, that they had ever driven.

I'm a big Prelude fan. A few of my friends have them.

·
Registered
370 Posts
So you walked all over one in a Taurus i bet it was one of those he didn't know he was racing you type of things. Taurus' are big and very slow. My girlfriend has a 98 and i could beat it down the block on foot, POS 3.0 Dohc. Preludes are nice cars, but wouldn't pay the amount of moeny they are askinf for them. you'd be better off getting a used civic and dropping the Prelude motor into it. then you'd have speed reliability and uniqueness.

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Originally posted by AnythingButAFocus:
Yeah, I think you should ask me the situation before you ridicule it.
He pulled up next to me, started revving, and kept inching forward. To me, it sounds like a race. If you still don't beleive me, he kept pointing forward and up at the light. You must not be hitting the gas pedal there, because I can fly in mom's taurus. I've chirped second before. I don't know how, but I sure as hell did.

Andrew
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">So a guy driving a Prelude called out someone in a Taurus?

...WTF!?!

*oh yeah, so that means you were street racing...nice one.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Yeah, but on a road with no sidewalks, no people, and no other cars. I thought about it for a few seconds, trust me. I know the horror stories.

I don't know what he was smoking, but his girlfriend seemed to be on it too, until they got their ass handed to them by a 4-door rental car.

Andrew

·
David Anderson
2,871 Posts
Originally posted by Focusless:
So you walked all over one in a Taurus i bet it was one of those he didn't know he was racing you type of things. Taurus' are big and very slow. My girlfriend has a 98 and i could beat it down the block on foot, POS 3.0 Dohc. Preludes are nice cars, but wouldn't pay the amount of moeny they are askinf for them. you'd be better off getting a used civic and dropping the Prelude motor into it. then you'd have speed reliability and uniqueness.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Focusless, my last rental car was a 2002 taurus ses. Not sure of engine, but it would spin WELL through first, and grab second HARD (never chirp)....for a large car, it would move. Actually would walk all over a stock 5spd zx3. from 0-110 (where its limiter was). Ive actually got a vid of it AFTER we ragged on it for days. It would barely powerbrake then, but then again, the tranny mounts or engine would clunk like crazy.

[ 04-11-2003, 07:25 PM: Message edited by: David Anderson ]

·
Registered
23 Posts
My parents asked me what car I wanted when I graduated from hs and I said I wanted a prelude but they came home with a focus

·
Registered
461 Posts
Originally posted by Focusless:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yeah, I think you should ask me the situation before you ridicule it.
He pulled up next to me, started revving, and kept inching forward. To me, it sounds like a race. If you still don't beleive me, he kept pointing forward and up at the light. You must not be hitting the gas pedal there, because I can fly in mom's taurus. I've chirped second before. I don't know how, but I sure as hell did.

Andrew

1 - 17 of 17 Posts