Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what kind of car is the focus with a 160 HP to the wheels comparable with? the only car around here thats fast is a civic hatchback with a b18 turbo and hes only at 215 to the wheels so what kind of fast cars do you guys have where you live?

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Pit Stop my man

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol what do you mean pit stop im asking the question because mcnews has one with 160 to the wheels and i was just wondering how fast it was compared to other vechile as far as fastness.

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
what kind of car is the focus with a 160 HP to the wheels comparable with? the only car around here thats fast is a civic hatchback with a b18 turbo and hes only at 215 to the wheels so what kind of fast cars do you guys have where you live?
For one that guy with the civic must either be running REALLY low boost or have something wrong with the motor.

as for comparable cars...a 160 whp Focus would be somewhat in between a most "sport compacts" out on the market, including specVs, Si's and what not...and the next level of performance such as stock RSX type S's, and 1.8T's.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
actually hes running 8 pounds of boost but theres 2 dynos in maine and 1 closed because of insurance and now theres only one so i guess there arent too many places around that are good tuners. or people that know what they are doin.

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
lol what do you mean pit stop

what he means is that you should think about where you're asking your question. this part of the board is to ask questions pertaining to nothing else other than making a Zetec faster! Pit Stop is for general car questions such as yours here.

Same goes for your "why am I a rookie" post. I know you're new here... so I ain't slammin you.... but just take a look around and figure out which place is best to ask your questions. Stop for a bit and take a look around... read other peeps posts... get a feel for it.

·
Registered
662 Posts
lol what do you mean pit stop im asking the question because mcnews has one with 160 to the wheels and i was just wondering how fast it was compared to other vechile as far as fastness.
My ZX3 with me in it weighs 2800 lbs. There are several online calculators that can help you figure out how fast a car is. Each of them are going to give you a diffent answer though..
160hp, 2800 lbs. Should be about a 15 second 1/4 mile...

See
http://www.mrccfl.com/quartermile.html
or
http://www.web-cars.com/math/qtr_mile.html
or
http://www.geocities.com/MotorCity/4601/hpcalc.html
or
http://www.battleoftheimports.com/classes/battlecalc.htm

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
lol what do you mean pit stop

what he means is that you should think about where you're asking your question. this part of the board is to ask questions pertaining to nothing else other than making a Zetec faster! Pit Stop is for general car questions such as yours here.

Same goes for your "why am I a rookie" post. I know you're new here... so I ain't slammin you.... but just take a look around and figure out which place is best to ask your questions. Stop for a bit and take a look around... read other peeps posts... get a feel for it.
If it Helps, RE-READ the above post which I've quoted, and enjoy the site!!!

·
Registered
122 Posts
Hey man if your from central pa there is a lot of fast cars around here Mcnew's is running 13.96. and I have seen a bunch of turboed hondas that are running in the 12's. I know somebody who has a VW Golf 1.8t he is running 25 pounds of boost, and he is on the verge of blowing up his motor and I would say he is pushing well over 300 whp. I don't have any of his time slips but I have seen him run 13.6 but he can't brake that time because he can't get it to hook up. You just have to look more to see some fast cars in pa.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts