Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was able to attend the show two nights ago. Lots of nice Focuse...saw the Cervini focus...VERY nice stuff.

My friend's brother and I broke away from the main group for a while as we walked around and gawked at a few cars...then we come across a certain Focus. It looks pretty nice...nice wheels, nice drop, decent kit, the interior is subtle but nice...nothing too great.

I'm still walking around the back of the car, checking it out, when my friend's brother looks under the hood. Now you have to understand that Dave (the brother) is hard to impress because he deals with souped up cars all the time (mechanic at a performance shop) ...but as he looks under the hood, I hear him say "Holy ****..."

I immediately rush over to see what it is, thinking it's going to be a nice turbo, or maybe just lots of chrome on the Zetec...

As I come around and look under the hood, my jaw just drops...

It has a V8 engine. A Ford Focus...with a 5.0 motor. It was just incredible...it fit perfectly, it made sense. That car probably runs low quater mile times with a STOCK V8 in it...how great would that be?!

Just thought I'd share that story, because I've been talking about it the last few days since I saw it. No one seems to believe me though until Dave confirms the sighting of a V8 Focus.

Heh...sick sick sick!!

-AM

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
Do a "Search" and you'll find a few threads in Pit Stop and maybe some in Zetec Tuning as well.
(Why, I'll NEVER Understand, since it's OBVIOUSLY Got NOTHING to do with a Zetec...
)
There was one thread in Pit Stop some time in the last month w/ a Video of a White one that was somehow Cosworth-related, doing smokey do-nuts until it disappeared.
There's a Red one in California that was also featured on AutoWeek TV or some show like that.

BTW, you might retitle your thread since it has more to do w/ the V-8 Focus than the car show, neither of which are Zetec-Related.

[ 03-18-2003, 12:52 AM: Message edited by: MichaelXi ]

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
micheal's always the trooper he is...

it's cool that you saw a v8 focus... you able to snap any photo's of it?

·
Registered
1,363 Posts
here you go. I got a pic of it that night.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
i've seen that cervini's car up at mcnews...i'm sorry, how the heck is he gonna make power w/that jrsc when he has what loox 2 b a 1 7/8s crush bent dual exhaust on it (crush bent, so it goes down 2 prolly 1.5 in many places on it). whats up w/that...otherwise its a nice car.

2 bad ray's baby 'pigpen' wasnt able 2 'show' the 'go' stuff on it...oh well it'll have 2 wait 4 a track day 2 do it, which is the way it should b anyway!!!

-Ult

·
Registered
427 Posts
It was a great show, I was there with Ray. I also was there with my Sponsors. I took pics also, I will have them posted soon.
RDK

·
Registered
144 Posts
1 - 7 of 7 Posts