Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Dear hotrodkris, I hope you can help. I've installed a jrsc on my 02zx and can't for the life of me find a large dia. intake. Ijust found out that it was your beasty in the new FF mag show and tell pics,it's EXCACTLY what I've searched for. Please oh please oh please can you give me the details on mods off the JR.intake? Did you go to 70Maf,different ECU? Impressive looking ride I might add..Would be greatful for any info you could pass on.

·
WRAWRRR, BEAR CLAW!
19,258 Posts
It's a prototype, made by Oscar for the Big Boost M45 kit. It was made in his Westminster service shop.

If I remember right, it uses the stock MAF, and one of JR's conical filters on it. It also uses his R4 box for fuel management, not a new ECU. I also have a JR throttle body on it.

*ducks as everyone throws things at her about the fact the BB kit isn't out yet*

If you do decide to get an intake for your SC (until the JR kit is out *ducks again*) make sure it's a short one--SCs don't like to suck air through long distances. They want their air NOW and in large quantities.

·
Registered
993 Posts
So what's the difference between the SOON to be released JR intake and a different short ram such as AEM or FS Coolflo?

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
1st , thanks for the reply. I know a person of your stature and level of importance rarely has time for the lower level echelon.
That prototype looks dangerously close to like a sierra or explorer short ram.Any chance you have connects with knowledgable people who might know if there is a cross reference fit? R4? I have big O's catalog but there's little ref. for Focus upgrades, nothing actually. Maybe you could bend his ear back a littl..hey what's happening to my clothes..what am I doing under this des....

·
WRAWRRR, BEAR CLAW!
19,258 Posts
I've bent his ear so much about this kit that I'm afraid I'd get my ass kicked next time I mention Big Boost around him. He knows there is a market. If you guys want results, hound Moss about it ( can be contacted through www.jacksonracing.com ). Hounding Oscar about it only pisses the man off.

That intake was made from tubing, at his shop. I saw his engineer weld it up, and we had it on there in blue Krylon before Skippy took it to the polishing shop. So no cross reference, it's a one-off.

·
Registered
619 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ThanksAgain...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts