Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how does it perform for those who have it?
did it give you any hp gains or tq?if yes where did you get your gains low,mid,or high and how much?if its a good mod should i get it before cam gears?

·
Registered
88 Posts
no gains at all really. maybe 1/2 a mil to the gallon, and SLIGHTLY more responsive

·
Registered
662 Posts
Don't expect any noticable gains out of the coil and wire kit. It's a "nice to have", and is a good thing to have in your complete mod plans, but should not be considered a real power adder...

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
cam gears will net you much much much more power/$$ if tuned. in fact, the coil isn't really a power added per-say. it's more of a safety feature to ensure a full spark, which is impoartant on FI and Nitrous cars as well as high powered NA cars.

Nate

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i was just lookinh for power that is easy to install with the rest of my mods:borla,pacesetter
short header,iceman cai,70mm maf sensor kit,65mm
tb,fs udp,diablosport chip,fs strut bar,fs h&r springs,fc short shifter,morretes taillights,
hella projectors,euro type l front bumper with hella turn signals,3 piece wing

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
hey jboxer... not to rag on ya, but why did ya post your "show" mods when you want power?

in any case, if you do a search, you'll find plenty of info on the coil kit.

in response to your "should I get them before the gears" question, I would say it doesn't really matter. just add it to your "get it someday" list.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
hey speedy why are you so sarcastic?if you have some tunes i dont have right now dont its cool but give it a break kid

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
settle down. it's called a "joke". dang. was just rhetorically asking why you'd post your "show" mods when you are asking about power. that's all. check the time on my post... I was prolly tired. no worries here!

http://www.newedgeperformance.com/perdisscream.html there's a link from new edge for the coil pack.

[ 11-24-2002, 05:58 PM: Message edited by: speedy_zx3 ]

·
Inebriated Pecker Obstructionist
2,958 Posts
one of the local Hosuton guys, Tre(S2Texas) bought the Screamin Demon Coil Kit. from what i understand, he is pretty happy about it. i don't know if he felt any gains from it. i think it just evened out is spark delivery more than anything(smoother idle, acceleration, and what not).

check in Team Lonestar, and PM him about it. i'm sure he'd be more than happy to give you any info he has on it.

later, Al

·
Inheritly Sinister
12,926 Posts
Originally posted by EastAl:
one of the local Hosuton guys, Tre(S2Texas) bought the Screamin Demon Coil Kit. from what i understand, he is pretty happy about it. i don't know if he felt any gains from it. i think it just evened out is spark delivery more than anything(smoother idle, acceleration, and what not).
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Pretty much what I would say.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts