Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Surely you've all seen this series of commercials for NASCAR where "Normal People" are such Race-Fans that they do Irrational things related to their love for Racing.
I Have to share my own personal moment....
My wife would KILL me if she knew...

We got "Re-Married" Yesterday.
Since she's now Greek Orthodox, and while the Church recognized our "Legal" Marriage, they didn't recognize our "Spiritual" Marriage, so we did a Renewal of Vows/Blessing of the Marriage Ceremony.
As part of the Service, my wife and I had our right hands joined, and at a point, the Priest led me, leading my wife, leading my wife's Godmother around an Altar for THREE Clock-wise Go-Rounds while singing hymns in Greek and English.
(Three, symbolizing the Trinity.)
As we completed the Second Go-Round, and commenced on the Third, (I had been counting them to myself), I had THIS Thought to myself...
"White Flag Lap...THIS Time By!!!"

If I told her, she'd be Furious, but it wasn't a Conscious thought, it just popped into my head....

[ 05-18-2003, 05:22 PM: Message edited by: MichaelXi ]

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
WINNAR WINNAR!

I often think to myself... "white flag" when I'm almost home on long drives... like last night... comin home from San Diego.

·
Registered
2,728 Posts
that has got to be the funniest thing EVAR!!!

·
I'm Not Better Than You Since I Drive a Porsche, I
3,343 Posts
THAT WAS GREAT!!!!

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Originally posted by MichaelXi:

As we completed the Second Go-Round, and commenced on the Third, (I had been counting them to myself), I had THIS Thought to myself...
"White Flag Lap...THIS Time By!!!"

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">ROFLMAO! That's priceless!!!

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The hard part was not laughing out Loud!
I cracked a grin to myself, but I doubt anyone noticed...

·
Registered
606 Posts
I would say you've got it pretty bad. At least you didn't try to put someone into the wall ala Tom Cruse!

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
And the Priest Spins Into the Baptismal!!!
They're Stacking up behind him!!
Looks like 4 Involved in the Carnage!!!

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
ROFL!

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
BWAHAHAHA!!!

Your mind is in the right place.

Any woman that can stand me is going to have to live with stuff like that... but I'd probably say it all out loud.

·
Liter-a-cola? I measure my drinks in YARDS!
9,786 Posts
yeah, mine laughs when i make turbo sounds or "screech" my shoes when slowing down....or any kind of car noise. I even do the tire warming thing (this: _ -_-_- ) when behind slow traffic. She finds it funny. I do it whenever i'm pushing a shopping cart, or playing with a toy, even when driving the gladiator.
I've got it bad.

·
Registered
3,223 Posts
hahaha, when i walk in my house, i walk lines...some days im road racing, and some days im rallying, WITH pace notes...my mom gives me the wierdest looks when i come "drifting" around a corner saying "3 left into two right, Fridge."

·
Registered
759 Posts
I am glad to say I dont understand

whats the white flag?

they dont have that in WRC

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Originally posted by focalBlur:
I am glad to say I dont understand

whats the white flag?

they dont have that in WRC
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">

That's because they can't run more than one lap at a time....
Pansies....

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
Originally posted by 02_smurf:
yeah, mine laughs when i make turbo sounds or "screech" my shoes...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">i do that. i make blow off sounds in the company vehicles, and screeching sounds when in other peoples cars. i also get my lines in gear while walking / running / etc.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Shopping at Wally world I had my 4 year old in one cart and my wife had our 3 year old in the other. She stopped to look at something and I went around to the right and said "Matchett passes on the outside...clear low". My wife gave me the "grow up" look and this lady with a Kellogs t shirt on just started laughing...

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Originally posted by Gutted Hatch:
hahaha, when i walk in my house, i walk lines...some days im road racing, and some days im rallying, WITH pace notes...my mom gives me the wierdest looks when i come "drifting" around a corner saying "3 left into two right, Fridge."
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">bwahahahahahahahaha

·
Registered
242 Posts

Michael take that idea and make the commercial.It'd be the best one yet.

But wait,you watch the races and your wife would see the commercials put 2&2 together and your dead.

Seriously funny.

rich

1 - 20 of 26 Posts