Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an 05 2.0ltr focus and i want to get close or break the 200 barrier. what parts should i buy? i would greatly appreciate any feedback on this.

·
Mr Know-It-All
11,241 Posts
a. Build a custom turbo.

b. Wait for other mass-market forced induction options - my guess ~1 year away.

c. Start on an intensive normally aspirated build up with all the fixings from the bottom end to the top and the intake to the exhaust.

>8^)
ER

·
Registered
117 Posts
I got a 2.0 Duratec also....good luck!

If you haven't already, start looking at your options for an exhaust,intake and header. If you plan on a serious build make sure you've got good intake/exhaust flow. A happy engine is a breathing engine.

My I/H/E set up as follows:

Cosworth or F2 Intake (Custom one on right now)
Borla Exhaust
Header??? Maybe a Cosworth w/flex, or Marcy's

F2 and Cosworth CAI allow you to remove a MAF sleeve to flow more air. The Borla exhaust sounds great and is 2 1/2" diameter. The header issue is the hardest to figure out. I have yet to decide what size the primaries should be for a NA build.
Read everything you can... there is lots of info on here and alot of Jetters to help you out!

Stay tuned,
Damage

·
Registered
32 Posts
Magnaflow makes a good exhaust too. Its on my 2.0, and sounds great as well. Borla is a little better, but the price difference is pretty high. So depending on how much money you want to spend either are good, but Damage is right Borla does make the best.

But heres my 2 cents. Once you get all that has been stated, have SCT make a custom flash for all that you have set up. You can always change it later.

·
Official [FJ] Distinguished Advisor
19,806 Posts
200 HP is easily possible from a 2.0.

Walter Marcy has created a fantastic mix of his and Cosworth parts; the man really knows his stuff.

·
Registered
7,109 Posts
I would like to see what Mazda does with their turbo kit and I'm wondering if we can retrofit it to our little 2.0L cars....
-bix

·
Registered
117 Posts
Boost would be sweet...but imagine how sweet it will be with a few bolt-ons and the internals done plus the turbo!!! Woohooo...can anybody say powaaaaaa????!!!!!!

Later,
Damage

·
Registered
657 Posts
get ready to spend some money
MM's parts without the motor and no install was 6K for parts alone.
I am waiting to see how much a FI kit will cost but if they will be like the kits for the zetec, they will be 3-4K. I cant see me putting that into my focus!! IMO
Thats Bike or mustang money

1 - 11 of 11 Posts