Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
David Anderson
2,871 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With their nitrous focus and the 2.3. It was a bone stock car with a wet shot, with what it looks like in the dyno, NO tuning, just a window switch. Were they hoping and praying it didnt blow, or was their research behind this? I kind of want to keep my car stock, and maybe just add a 50shot, and call it a day, it would be alot cheaper than i, e, h, and so on. But if im gambling with NO safe tuning, its pointless. Because after I have to replace engine, i couldve went with a more reliable power source (mm, cos).

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
It's a wet shot, it's injecting fuel, tuning is not necessary.

- Drew

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
not trying to intrude on the duratec forum, but a couple of guys have ran a 75 shot w/no timing retarded w/no tuning and ran fine that way, but they had quality kits and had everything running up to par and they were a wet shot..sooooo

·
Registered
8,101 Posts
I wouldn't say that they did that great of a job:

I don't want my torque curve to look like that.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
The key to using "wet" nitrous on the duratecs is the fuel rail adapter.

Saleen will not sell there adapter unless you own a saleen.

Contact Karl At massive speed system if you want one. He is producing an adapter to allow you to attach either a mechanical fuel guage and fuel line for a wet nitrous system.

His screen name is K STYLES

·
Registered
8,101 Posts
He is producing an adapter to allow you to attach either a mechanical fuel guage and fuel line for a wet nitrous system.
There's also a Duratec fuel rail produced by a company called Golden Eagle that accepts a fuel line or pressure gauge.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
Yes, but there is no need for an expensive fuel rail upgrade. The adapter works better on a returnless style system.

It bolts in between the fuel pressure sensor and the rail. This position is why it's a good idea. The sensor notices a fuel pressure drop right away when the nitrous system is taking the nessicary fuel and then the fuel pump gets the extra voltage to help compinsated fuel pressure sooner. Preventing you from running lean for a second or two. Which is something you don't want when spraying nitrous.

It's a nice safe and smart spot for the fuel source to be taken from.

·
Registered
296 Posts
With this adapter, can you make any wet kit work on the D20 without any additional modification to the car (internals?)

I'm not looking for a 100shot, I'll be happy with anywhere from 30-50.

·
Registered
11 Posts
-D20E, I wouldn't spray with the tune right now. If you want I can make you one specifically for juice, and your car will be safe.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I've been wanting to spray for ever, but all this talk about the Duratec not being able to handle it is scaring me. I don't wanna be blowing this thing up, yet.. But like I said, I'll be happy with a safe 30shot set up, and if I can go a little higher, even better..

You'll have to steal some timing to spray huh..?

·
Registered
803 Posts
I've been wanting to spray for ever, but all this talk about the Duratec not being able to handle it is scaring me. I don't wanna be blowing this thing up, yet.. But like I said, I'll be happy with a safe 30shot set up, and if I can go a little higher, even better..

You'll have to steal some timing to spray huh..?
The internals should be fine, especially with a smaller shot. It's the problems with delivering the juice that's held people up.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
my friend owns a saleen, just bumped it up to a 100 shot with no probs. its a damn rocket, spikey curve or not. but if you guys need pics or something let me know, i have access to his car and he wouldnt mind me taking pics for research purposes.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
With this adapter, can you make any wet kit work on the D20 without any additional modification to the car (internals?)

I'm not looking for a 100shot, I'll be happy with anywhere from 30-50.
This adapter is exactly what you need to hook up any efi wet system.

·
Registered
73 Posts
my friend owns a saleen, just bumped it up to a 100 shot with no probs. its a damn rocket, spikey curve or not. but if you guys need pics or something let me know, i have access to his car and he wouldnt mind me taking pics for research purposes.
That would not last more than a couple runs without 100+ octane in it. The stock pistons are junk. I have had spray for a year and a half, and am currently in the process of putting together motor number 3. Hope the thirds time the charm.

·
Registered
1,203 Posts
im not doubting you at all, but hes made it through about 5 bottles so far with no probs.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts