Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the install for a random tech cat and bosal flex pipe. I wanna do it myself but is it at all time consuming. do I need to know anything special for this install

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
it's a pretty straight forward install, much like any exhaust piece. the only difficult part is removing the o2 sensors, but you can get a special "o2 sensor removal tool" at most local auto stores (if not check www.summitracing.com or www.jegs.com ) other than that it's a straight bolt on.

Nate

·
Registered
292 Posts
its kinda tough getting the egr and o2 sensors off. goto an autozone and you can rent an o2 sensor socket which makes it much easier. but it is easily do it yourself project.

·
Registered
362 Posts
or you can go to Sears and get the Craftsman Clench Wrench (yes, that is what its called)...i did mine with this, it works beautifully. It was like 20 bucks and you do have to return it when you are done or rent it again when you need it again. This thing is so good that I can tighten the EGR tube nut on the stock cat with it. And anyone who has ever done this knows that it is a major PITA

1 - 4 of 4 Posts