Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive got the roush turbo kit and i want to turn up the boost to
like 25 psi

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
With fully built internals and a really good tune.

25psi is going to send your engine all over the street if your car isn't fully built.

Nate

·
Registered
894 Posts
i think the roush kit uses an external wastegate. you need to replace the spring inside the wastegate with one rated at 25psi...now i think just about anyone here will recommend against going to 25psi...

·
Registered
5,141 Posts
just take lots of pics ohhhh maybe a vid

·
O .
2,372 Posts
yeah if you want to boost to 25psi than your gonna need a very very built and tuned engine. oh and good luck streting that

·
O .
2,372 Posts
or you could just use like 1.5" intercooler piping than it would show crazy numbers

·
Registered
129 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
im going to have a fully built with all forged internals prob 8.2:1 comp havent decided what cams to use yet im still building the motor at my dads shop

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Can the Roush kit's turbo even handle that much pressure? Also, the Roush intercooler will probably be overwhelmed. If you really want to run 25psi, get in touch with Tom. He's the only one I can think of who's run over 20 psi on a Focus.

·
Registered
5,141 Posts
its a t3t4 it will do it

·
Registered
409 Posts
I just talked with Ray at McNews today, and this is the kit I'm going with. He is sending the turbo to Turbonetics for an upgrade to ball-bearing and they are customizing the housing (going from 46 to 50?). This can do up to 25 lbs. boost, but I may have to get a lower compression ratio than the 9 - 1 pistons I have. I think somewhere around 8 - 1 to 8.5 - 1 CR would be good.

·
Banned
1,109 Posts
id get in torch with ray @ mcnews. and toms not the only one runing 20+ psi......

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
Remove your turbo timers and tune your ignition curve.

You'll run 9's... <font color="white">in the 1/8th... </font>

- Drew

·
Registered
5,141 Posts
Remove your turbo timers and tune your ignition curve.

You'll run 9's... <font color="white">in the 1/8th... </font>

- Drew
baahhaaahhhhaahhaa

·
Registered
5,141 Posts
it takes 2 shims to get a pound of boost

1 - 20 of 21 Posts