Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ive heard everyone talkin bout it but i dont know exactly what to trim,im sure it cant be that hard??just need a lil instruction

·
Registered
222 Posts
if you look at the tb, on the back side(faces the fire wall) there is a indentation that goes half way around the tb. you need to fill that with epoxy and let dry(over night to 24 hrs to be sure it dried). then take a dremmel and bore out the inside of the tb so that it is a circle and not an oval and also grind off all the little fins that are in it. do not bore it out any wider than the throttle plate. during the grinding you will go through the plastic and into the epoxy so dont worry. make sure that the tb is sanded smoothe inside, then clean it out very good so you dont suck anything into the motor.

and that is pretty much it

geoff

·
Registered
997 Posts
what exactly is this "epoxy" should i just go into the hardware store and say "i need epoxy", or is there a certain type of epoxy that i am gonna need?

·
Registered
104 Posts
Originally posted by zx3steve14:
what exactly is this "epoxy" should i just go into the hardware store and say "i need epoxy", or is there a certain type of epoxy that i am gonna need?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I used JB Weld.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts