Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
as that title says. is it just those 4 star shaped screws? Does anyone know offhand what size those are? How do I disconnect the throttle cable from it?

thanks

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
You will have to remove 9 screws in total to get the TB off.
(4) are the main ones holding the TB down to the intake manifold. (2) are holding the TPS into the TB (actually only if your installing an aftermarket one does the entire TPS need to come off..if you are just porting then you can leave the screws on and just disconnect the harness). Then once you lift the TB up the throttle cable and if applicable the cruise control cable need to come off. Then you must unscrew the plate (3) if you plan to move this over to another aftermarket TB if not you do not need to remove the throttle bracket where the tb cable was attatched.

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
as that title says. is it just those 4 star shaped screws? Does anyone know offhand what size those are? How do I disconnect the throttle cable from it?

thanks
ok I read this again and seems like you just need to get the TB off for porting or something alike. So yea all you need to do is unscrew the big 4 screws. Disconnect the TPS cable via a clip, and remove the throttle cable. Remove the throttle cable by pushing upwards. You will hear it click out of place.

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yep looking to port it out. Thanks for the info, now what size are those screws?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts