Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just like this..........

"HOW THE [censored] DID THAT WORK???????????

We needed it in the driveway to do this........

Ah, the joys of a lowered Foci. that is Shock ZTS' car. Here is a shot of mine.

Give me some feedback on our engineering skillz!!!!!!

·
Registered
658 Posts
looks good man...thats how i had to get mine on and off the lift...and pull up the fender wells to get the arms to clear the frame channels.... gotta love 2x8's

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
no 2x8's my friend, those are 2x4's!!!!!! We live on the edge here in Missouri!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I did the enclosure myself! Those are JL12W6's in about 4cuft. of space. The floor is raised up about 5.25" but there is still room in there to put two 50 gal. coolers filled with kool-aid!!!!!!!

Hillbilly engineering is the best engineering ever invented!!

I think the drop is 2". Not sure what kind of springs though.

·
I can't stop typing...I can't stop typing...I can'
6,037 Posts
OK now I know why I'm not to enthusiastic to lower my focus/put a body kit on it. You consider THAT a steep/bad driveway. I bottom out my STOCK height focus on driveways here! They all are steeper than that or have an "apron" on them (which here is just a 1-2 inch curb to keep the crap they put on the roads in the winter here from poring into a downhill driveway.)

Also what do u do about steep ROADS, rough pavement, road construction, potholes, or speed bumps/humps? I don't see how it would even be possible to drive a car like that in my area!

Like the wheels/system though.

·
Registered
387 Posts
You Did It Yourself... Man Looks Great... I Wanna Get My 12's On The Floor With Plexi-Glass Over Em... So I Can Go Grocery Shopping With My Car... HAHA. I Use My Mom's Car Right Now.
New Pictures @ Link Below Of My Set-Up.

·
Registered
243 Posts
I can't tell from the picture but you might have been able to put those 2X4s in the gutter and drove over the lawn??? As long as it worked though!!!!

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the grass was to wet so we went with this route. It actually worked better than I thought it would.

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
OK now I know why I'm not to enthusiastic to lower my focus/put a body kit on it. You consider THAT a steep/bad driveway. I bottom out my STOCK height focus on driveways here! They all are steeper than that or have an "apron" on them (which here is just a 1-2 inch curb to keep the crap they put on the roads in the winter here from poring into a downhill driveway.)

Also what do u do about steep ROADS, rough pavement, road construction, potholes, or speed bumps/humps? I don't see how it would even be possible to drive a car like that in my area!

Like the wheels/system though.
A little lowering is OK if it's Stiff enough, but You're RIGHT. THAT'S NOT a STEEP Driveway!!!!
That poor car has been Modded out of the realm of usability.
Nice job w/ the boards, but what a PITA to have to do that w/ any frequency!

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yeah that was just a one time thing. We needed to put his system in and it was going to rain so we wanted it in the garage. It was either the boards or take the front bumper off. We chose the lesser of 2 evils!!

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
you should see the entrance to my office. or some of the roads around here.
nice install man. i love your work.

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
you should see the entrance to my office. or some of the roads around here.
nice install man. i love your work.
thanks alot Demon. I really appreciate it!

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
after looking at the other pix of your driveway, i think you should move.

G

·
0 Posts
Man perfect lowering!! Have you take off the springs?
Very nice car, and nice job with the ICE!

·
Registered
1,808 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Man perfect lowering!! Have you take off the springs?
Very nice car, and nice job with the ICE!
thanks alot man!f it sure does look like we took the whole suspension off doesn't it???

thanks for the compliments on the system. It is really nice for Derrick to have his trunk back!!!

·
Registered
186 Posts
Re: How do you get a lowered foci in a steep drive

after looking at the other pix of your driveway, i think you should move.
I second that.

NICE WORK!

1 - 20 of 20 Posts