Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to shorten it by cutting it but the rubber cap is tough to remove. How do you do it?

·
Registered
167 Posts
Hmmm..chainsaw???? plasma cutter???

how bout try sliping something in between the rubber cap and fiberglass mast to break the bond, and then pull the thing off

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I tried to heat it with lighter, didn't help.

I will try the boiling water method, thanks.

·
Registered
837 Posts
hehe lighter might melt it. try boiling once it hot enough take some pliers or something and try to pull it out.

·
Registered
648 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I did it with the boiling water, but god, it was PITA! I bruised my thumb in the process. Putting the cap back on was tough too but not as tough. I just wished I'd apply some grease to it to let it slip.

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
boil it for like 5 minutes then wrap a towel around it for a grip....you gotta do it when its real warm and it should slide right off............... i remember doing this mod at 3 am cuzi saw it online and just had to try it right then and there...... and i love it

·
Registered
837 Posts
hehe u shoulda just dropped the cap back into the boiling water, it softens it up. hehe

·
Registered
6,779 Posts
I didnt even think of boiling mine when I cut my antenna. I rolled elctrical tape around the tip to look like a cap. Then torched it a bit, rolling the tape edge at a 45 to round it over. Looks stock.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts