Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone knew how to take off the side door panels that are plastic so that they can be painted?? Also do you know how much it would cost to have them painted? Thanx!

·
That one was just me not paying attention....and s
7,509 Posts
you just gotta kinda pry them off, they are held on with adhesive...and use double sided tape to put them back on...I had mine painted when I had my whole car painted, it makes a world of difference ...where are you from...if you are from Socal I can get you hooked up...if not they shouldnt be more than $100

·
Banned
1,566 Posts
you mean the black plastic trim on the outside of the door and on the quarter panel right?

how in the world did you even associate door panel with that?

and yes they are just held on with double sided tape.. wrap a screwdrriver in tape and a towel or something and pry up a corner and then slide it along to get them off

·
[FJ] Special Ed.
8,294 Posts
hey man, I took those off, and got them painted.

so heres the rundown. start at either end, with a plastic putty kinfe, run it along until you can fit your hand underneath it (or just your fingers) then start to peel it off. Use force but not excess, or you will snap the moulding in 2. keep it going until you reach the end. the quarter panel moulding was harder for me to get off, I ended up chewing one of them off with what I was using, but it was okay since i was just throwing them out anyways.

good luck mang, and painting those bastards will cost about $150... they are rough plastic, they need to be sanded completely down, prepped, and painted. if your going to paint the quarter panel moulding too, your looking at another $50

~Lorne

1 - 5 of 5 Posts