Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 02 ZTS that i want to put a short shifter into, but i don't know wether to go with a pre 02 or post 02. I looked on the door sticker and all i get is 04/05 for the manufacture date. From what i have gathered they switched the shifters in mid april, so i don't know which to choose. Any hep would be greatly appreciated!

·
Registered
234 Posts
its true...there is a 2002 and a 2002.5 model. from what i have learned, the 2.5+ has a different shiftnob than the previous version. its a black leatherette affair with a gray gearbox map in the middle with a reverse lockout. the previous tranny had a simple plain silver shiftnob without reverse lockout(i think...might be wrong on the lockout). there was a website that i found while shopping that had photos of each...dont member off the top of my head but check focus-central, steedafocus, and f2focus....im sure it was on one of those sites.

ps-i just installed my steeda tri/ax shifter a couple of weeks ago now and absolutley love it. dunno how i drove the car without it...

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, i think i found what you are talking about at myfordperformance.com, and i am ordering your shifter today...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts