Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a JRSC sitting in the shop right now awaiting installatiion and am anxious to know what it will sound like.
My dad has an 03 Cobra which has a blower and sounds amazing and i just drove a GT (yes, a <font color="blue"> Ford GT </font> !) yesterday and that blower sounded amazing too. I am wondering if i can expect to hear any type of supercharger whine at all out of my pint-sized focus blower.

Btw, If you guys are intrested I might post a few pics and low quality vids from inside the GT. I'm not good at posting so it's quite an effort fpr me to do pics etc. lol

·
Registered
134 Posts
O yea, You will hear whine, but it will not be as pronounced as an 03-04 cobra, but it will definatley have a whine, that you and others will notice.

·
Registered
1,088 Posts
If you want blower whine like the cobra... i suggest yu sell the jrsc and pick up a power works kit.

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
The JRSC will have a similar sound to the Cobra since they use a similar blower (albeit the Cobra's is bigger.)

There are three factors in the volume of the whine:

1. Pullies. The more boost you create the louder the whine will get and the longer it will whine (since you'll be in boost faster and longer.)

2. Air filter. An open element filter (cone filter, no box) will whine significantly louder than a closer filter system such as stock, Pipercross, Focus Central, or Volant. Of course some of those will feed cooler air into the car so less whine isn't a bad thing.

3. Exhaust. No, the exhaust won't change the duration or volume of the whine, but they can overpower it. The quieter the exhaust the more whine you'll hear.

Nate

·
Banned
1,109 Posts

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
at 11psi mine sounds pretty loud. Overpowers my exhaust.
yeah esp after the 3" pulley I cant hear anything but it, so I dont hear the engine rev and have to watch the tach
cause the JSRC sounds like it has a lot more rpms to go but the engine doesnt ;-)

·
Registered
1,186 Posts
JSSVT04 when are you going to post a soundclip?

·
Registered
1,586 Posts
what year is your jrsc? i have the newst one and it is not that alot i think. i also have a 3" but i can still hear it

I got it a few months back but it could ne from 04 i guess

·
Registered
84 Posts
Mine sounds like a pissed off vacuum cleaner at high rpms.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts