Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was just wondering how this one compares to the more expensive ones like aei and stuff and is there one of those cool sounds that come along with it
justin

·
Registered
14 Posts
i have one and i have no complaints, except that the top bracket has no mounting spot on the engin because i believe that all the intakes are for the zetech

·
Registered
292 Posts
heard a lot of ppl say they crack and fall appart in extreme heat or cold, i don't have one so i can't speak from personal experiance, just from what i've heard from other ppl. i hear they have a bad habbit of developing air leaks in em pretty easily.. again i dunno... just passin on what i've heard.

·
Registered
1,426 Posts
I bought one and turned it into the charge pipe for my turbo project; complete with bov. Only complaint is where you insert the maf sensor. I had to enlarge the hole with my cnc machine...okay okay my dremel with flapper wheel

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
so yea i havent really seen any pix of it installed does any one know where the filter is put is it like behind my wheel well or what

·
Registered
3,066 Posts

It mounts in front of the left tire. Be careful, there are issues of picking up water when it rains. Get yourself a by pass.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
yay i just got mine today so yea im ready for installing it i wont drive when its raining but yea what size of a bypass valve will i need

·
Registered
165 Posts

·
No Indians, only Zuul.
1,119 Posts
i had a AEM CAI and i have had a BOMZ CAI untill i lost the lower half...
but yes they get holes alot faster but its a east thing to avoid. where ever the intake piping is touching suming rap it in bikehandle tape you know the paddd stuff you put on your handlebars of your road bikes and that will stop it from making a hole in the side and between the two i noticed no diff at all execpt the filter on the aem alows better aifrlow a good deal diff there but if u swap the bomz filter with a 3in KN you will have a AEM for an assload cheeper

·
Registered
66 Posts
where is everyone finding these 3 in K&n filters? none of the local shops where I live have them (autozone, advanced, etc.) I am guessing the BOMZ tubing is 3" because all of the filters at the stores I go to are larger than the bomz.
Thanks

·
Registered
3,066 Posts
I bought mine from discount auto. They had a apc
filter. Take the rubber mounting end out of your old filter and install it into the new filter.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
i dont think that he wanted an apc filter pretty sure he wanted the 3" k&n filter but yea whats the part number for the 3" k&n filter

·
Registered
66 Posts
Yeah Justin is right, I am interested in the K&N. I have always been pleased with K&N filters on other cars in the past and would love to get the 3" one for the BOMZ. K&N website has some 3 inch cones that would work but was just curious what the focus crowd is using.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts