Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK... so I get my baby back tomorrow. with a brand new engine with ZERO MILES on it. So.....

I just got a new diablo (thank you rachel!) and want it in ASAP... but I should prolly wait a while right? and should I replace the UDP and the CoolFlo back to stock?

I know Ford says there is no break in period... but hell... I ain't gonna work the engine too hard at the get-go.

Anyone?

·
Registered
209 Posts
If you have break-in fluids, like the yellow dyed oil from a factory new engine, I'd wait to you do your first oil change to let all the seals, etc... settle in.

Every new car I buy, I wait till the first oilchange/breakin before modifying. Just a personal recommendation, I haven't seen anything "official".

Plus, if there is a problem in the beginning, it can't be blamed on the modifications.

·
Registered
662 Posts
No need to wait, unless you want to wait and make sure Ford didn't screw anything up...

For the chip, since you got a new engine, there's a good chance your EEC code is not what it was before the engine changes. You might want to verify your EEC code first.

·
Registered
19,264 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks. I know that the EEC is gonna be the same... I already asked about that. I suppose I'll run it a couple hundred miles, drain the oil, put some 5-20w in and start her over with the chip fulltime!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts