Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am curious about what jetters may be using gude parts like their head package or cams and what are your results? I am interested in any dyno's you may have and a list of all of your mods. I am doing some research and this would really help me out.

I am using the search function also but there is alotta crap to sift through.

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Si Hunter, what are your other mods and have you dyno'd your car yet?

·
Registered
412 Posts
i have pulleys, exhaust,cam gears,race headers, and short ram at the time.
i pulled [email protected] which sucked....something wasnt right because in the higher rpm is where the cams make there power.

i changed to a cold air, added a throttle body and im going to get a bigger MAF and then go back to the dyno.

mike

·
Registered
836 Posts
It looks like i'm really the only one on this board that posts, that has been somewhat successful with the gude headpackage.

·
Registered
542 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Basically I am asking because I had been hearing that the gude package grinds cams based on your needs. I have also heard though that the cams they supply with their head kit are way to radical for a daily driven car and geared more for a strip car.

This all started because I asked gude and their representatives to provide me with proof that their package would make an additional 58 fwhp with an intake header and exhaust. Considering a manual focus with a zetec makes anywhere from 103-111 fwhp that would equate to 161 to 169 fwhp with their package. Of all the jetters whose dyno's I have seen and who have posted their #'s no one is close to that.

Thanks for the info.

·
Super Moderator
12,436 Posts
Give Phordman a call @ 559-246-2916 and he can tell you about the Gude stuff.

·
Registered
836 Posts
Originally posted by Focaltech01:
Basically I am asking because I had been hearing that the gude package grinds cams based on your needs. I have also heard though that the cams they supply with their head kit are way to radical for a daily driven car and geared more for a strip car.

This all started because I asked gude and their representatives to provide me with proof that their package would make an additional 58 fwhp with an intake header and exhaust. Considering a manual focus with a zetec makes anywhere from 103-111 fwhp that would equate to 161 to 169 fwhp with their package. Of all the jetters whose dyno's I have seen and who have posted their #'s no one is close to that.

Thanks for the info.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">What they don't tell you is that those numbers are on the ZX2 and they are when combined with their race header. The ZX2 race header won't even fit are cars. Something about that vairable timing on the exhaust of the ZX2's helps out alot. I have a dyno chart from them of where they made there supposed claim.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts