Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how many jetters and how many focuses were there? i dont think i've seen a topic posted about this and im interested...

also for comparison purposes how many focusus and jetters were at JF1?? :thumbup:

·
Registered
11,368 Posts
4 cars 6 people (cuz I brought my girlfriend)

J/K I never counted, but there were a lot. I don't think it topped JF1, but I heard over 400 cars signed up for the NASA event, a good majority of which were foci.

·
Small Car Czar
15,328 Posts
JF1 aka JF05 had 184 cars show up.

JF2 had at least 120 on Sat. by mine and Todd's count, as we had people coming and going all day. With probably 10-20 additional Sunday only people showing up for 130-140 for the weekend.

The problem with the venue was that it SO big that with the cars spread out and others on the track, sometimes it had the appearance of being a bit sparse.

So, 2 wasn't as big, but we had several things going against us.

The location was more difficult for quite a few people. The timing also didn't work out as well. People had other things going on. We didn't have as much time to prepare and give people as much advanced notice.

It was also a very different kind of event, being more track-centric. All in all we were happy with the way things went. I was a bit disappointed that some people that were suppose to show, didn't. But I understand things come up.

We are using everything we've learned from both 1 and 2 to make 3 even bigger and better. You can rest assured about that!

Thanks to all that did participate. Those that were there were definitely quality peeps. :thumbup:

·
Registered
766 Posts
I concur. It doesn't look "that" impressive compared to JF1 when you look at the pics But as stated, there were several factors:

1.) Event size. If this place looks big in the pics, it felt even larger in person. Foci were everywhere. Spread out. It was kinda nice not being confined to a specific parking spot because on limited space.

2.) People were coming and going. Weather it was to get to the track or get food or people had other commitments to go to in between sessions. And ofcourse there were the late comers and "party poopers" like myself that had to leave early.

All in all, it was great!

·
Registered
5,333 Posts
I went.

I thought the location was nearly perfect. The weather was nice but could have been better. Kind of smoggy. Not always like that in S. Cali.

I had to make it a short visit.

I didn't participate in the motorsport events. I didn't talk to alot of people. I did talk to James and a few others from the motor home group. Mexi makes a mean BBQ. :thumbup: The Chorizo was perfect.

I enjoyed just being there. Things could have been better if I could have been able to get my car ready to race. Sunday looked great. Couldn't go that day though.

Excellant event and effort.

I must admit that I was a little bummed out that more people didn't attend.

IMO JF3 should be tentativley planned out ASAP so that everyone can get ready for it.

Best part about JF2 was just being able to witness the whole [FJ] thing happening. Like magic.

:cool:

I hope to be able to go next year and particpate more.

·
HELLAFRUSH
9,744 Posts
S. on Da 5 said:
Best part about JF2 was just being able to witness the whole [FJ] thing happening. Like magic.
QFmothafugginT!

·
Registered
4,604 Posts
From my point of view the biggest success was the track event. We had so many people Driving Foci on the track is was crazy.

NASA SoCal was very please how everyone handle themselfs on the track. Very professional. WTG.

I believe it was the most successful Focus Track day ever. From HPDE 1 Cars to USTCC Cars Plus have Beginning Drivers to World Challenge Race Car Drivers. We had cars in just about every group. With cars in HPDE 1, 2, 3 ,4 Time Trial and Racing.

We had Street Cars on the Track
We had Modified Cars on the Track
We had Spec Focus Cars on the Track and Racing
We had Performance Touring Cars on the Track
We had USTCC Cars on the Track

Awesome!!!

WTG

·
Registered
11,368 Posts
John, the HPDE Director, was harping on us foci drivers all weekend. He kept saying "If I hear about one more focus..." somebody would get frustrated about not getting a point by. John would ask what car it was. "Ummm, it was a focus." Everybody would laugh. I talked to him after all was said and done Sunday evening, and he was really appreciative we came out. He said he enjoyed us and we did well. I was super bummed he wouldn't let me drive his red m3 though. I asked, but without success.

·
I'm Important
277 Posts
I showed up kinda late on Sunday afternoon, only stayed for about an hour and a half.

·
Registered
1,703 Posts
focaljet-1 said:
JF1 aka JF05 had 184 cars show up.

JF2 had at least 120 on Sat. by mine and Todd's count, as we had people coming and going all day. With probably 10-20 additional Sunday only people showing up for 130-140 for the weekend.

The problem with the venue was that it SO big that with the cars spread out and others on the track, sometimes it had the appearance of being a bit sparse.

So, 2 wasn't as big, but we had several things going against us.

The location was more difficult for quite a few people. The timing also didn't work out as well. People had other things going on. We didn't have as much time to prepare and give people as much advanced notice.

It was also a very different kind of event, being more track-centric. All in all we were happy with the way things went. I was a bit disappointed that some people that were suppose to show, didn't. But I understand things come up.

We are using everything we've learned from both 1 and 2 to make 3 even bigger and better. You can rest assured about that!

Thanks to all that did participate. Those that were there were definitely quality peeps. :thumbup:
Just let us know in a head of time when 3 will be and we will be ready and i will track my car too, since i didnt get to track it on 2, but 2 was great to me since it was my first one and i loved it and will be there in all of them hopefully, i was just wondering is it always in CALI or it can be some where else?

·
Registered
11,368 Posts
It was in Indiana last time. Ron plans to travel the country with JetFest.

·
Registered
2002 Sonic Blue SVT
419 Posts
Everyone was whining about the Foci, but the freakin tall dude in his BMW kept chopping us in HPDE 3. He did get reprimanded, but someone should have done the PIT maneuver on him. Next time, I will be on the hunt for these guys instead of being hunted. The place I kept smoking people was in turn 2. My car was gripping wickedly!

·
mani i love dongs
7,048 Posts
1 here.

I love how at the end of the day on sunday during the last download, after i complained about a certain S2000 driver not letting me pass again, John said "So, after this weekend, how many of you have a lot more respect for the Focus than you ever did before?"

AND THE WHOLE ROOM RAISED THEIR HANDS!!!!!

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
^^^ awesome

although it wasent as big as JF1 it sounds liek a hellova time......im happy i still technically attendended the largest focus meet in north america ;) (JF1) lol

·
Registered
8,296 Posts
^^werd.

In our group we were talking about problems with cars and TP's brake lights were brought up since they werent working correctly and out of nowhere this dude says, "That focus is FAST!" Then John says something like, " Well that has nothing to do with his brake lights, but ok...."

It was hilarious.

·
Registered
8,296 Posts
No, John was the head HPDE guy who ran the download sessions after we came off the track.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
I was there Sat and Sun (for a little bit). I was rolling in the toaster (Scion xB)though so didn't quite fit in.....

gotta get the Focus licensed and insured in Cali........

·
Grand Master Mabel listens to Death Metal and flip
7,145 Posts
I had a great time and the track was awesome. I only wish bathrooms weren't so far away! lolz....of course being 8 months pregnant and walking a 1/2 mile to the bathroom was just not happening. Thanks Todd for everything.

The weather was nice, it was warm and a little smoggy, but its Socal...can't complain about sunshine. I would like to see a different state, something a little more centralized where North, South, East and West can get together and not make a horrific trek like some people.
Egz & Foo made the trip from VA. Nuff said.

I can't get over how big that venue was. It was like a military installation. At least a few square miles. Multiple events happening; karting, dumpster drags....you name it.

Maybe next time, and Auto-X for some who aren't ready to get on a track. I've always wanted to try that and my car is stock for the most part so it isn't worthy of a track like some of the other cars.

Nothing beats a Focus taking a Corvette. Nothing. lolz :banana:

1 - 20 of 24 Posts