Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How many miles have people been getting with their FI engines? I am looking mostly for people with mid boost turbos, no so much nitrous. Daily drivers. Thanks.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
I am at 2,500 miles on my boosted zetec. No major problems.
I still get 26mpg with the air on.

·
Registered
712 Posts
<4000 miles on the first motor

15000 hard miles on bullet #2 (Thank you J&S Safeguard) in the 110+ AZ heat.

Fmax kit
Tom's mic
200whp 210tq daily drivin

L8r

Brad

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
I don't have a turbo but do have a JRSC w/6 lb's of boost. The car has about 30k on it now with 20k of it boosted. It's my daily driver and usually sees boost (cause it's fun). The car runs real well and hasn't given me any problems. If I drive aggressivly I get about 28 MPG, if I take it down a notch I get about 31 - 32 MPG. I check my mileage on every fill up.

·
Registered
993 Posts
SVT with JRSC @ 5-6psi for 5000 miles now. No problems other than the throttle/cruise control bracket snapping on me twice...but that's not really a problem with the car, just a bracket supplied by JR.

Oh wait I take that back, I have had power steering go out on me twice...not sure if I'm breaking something lose with hard driving or if its the S/C

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
46K, 34K/W JRSC, 5K w/big boost. No problems yet. Now running 5lbs boost max. I run it hard, get about 24mpg, 30 on highway.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Brad - Why did the first engine let go?

I have about 13K on my turbo set up. But other than test sessions, most use has been at pretty low boost levels.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Rod, you dont remember, "Pop goes the zetec"

Too much timing on 91 octane. I pulled 2* on the chip (the original one) and thought the deto was gone. Guess it wasnt. The current program I have now is alot better but w/o the J&S, Im sure I would have scattered another one by now. 91 just isnt cool with the zetec's aggressive midrange timing.

Brad

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
Sorry to get off topic here.

Brad - No, I don't remember every reading anything about it. I saw you write "pop goes the zetec" before, but I thought you meant "pop" as in the sound of deto occuring, not rod snapping or piston holing - that's too bad.

Edit: Did a search. OK, now I remember, thought that was someone else.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Rod,

After it blew, I bought a new stock engine, got a different chip from Tom, and decided to be the 2nd focus owner with the J&S.

I was gonna add a link to that thread, I looked earlier and you had replied to it

Brad

1 - 10 of 10 Posts