1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

How many diffrent superchargers are there for the 2.0 Z-tec
, and what do you like/used and why??

What additionl equipment/parts did you need or use for your ride to get max HP and performance????

Thanks for your info,

Mark

·
Registered
7,351 Posts
If you want max performance there is no supercharger on the market to get you there. The Jackson Racing M45 SC is anemic at best.

The Vortec SC isn't out yet, so there's no numbers.

You need to go turbo. Also, beware that there's only 1 complete turbo kit out there. http://www.focus-power.com

There's a couple other kits some to be released, some are crap. Use the search blank at the bottom of the topics list in this forum.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Naw had a turbo once and it was more probs than it was worth in my case, and with a turbo you only get boost on the upper end, where a SC is full time boost from my understanding.
I got tired of the wind down time and the and all the other things you need to do for a turbo, plus the added cost of the extra oil and keeping up the oil cooler and just all the additional maintance

But that was my experince so I know some people don't have those probs. but thanks for the info.....

·
Registered
66 Posts
Naw had a turbo once and it was more probs than it was worth in my case, and with a turbo you only get boost on the upper end, where a SC is full time boost from my understanding.
I got tired of the wind down time and the and all the other things you need to do for a turbo, plus the added cost of the extra oil and keeping up the oil cooler and just all the additional maintance

But that was my experince so I know some people don't have those probs. but thanks for the info.....
if you correctly size the turbo with your engine you will not just get power in the upper end. you can get full boost before 3000 rpms. if you only get power in higher rpm's your turbo is probably too big. theres not really any extra maintanance if you go turbo besides changing the oil on the car. superchargers run off of a pulley. so boost is gonna be measured by rpms. from what everybody has been saying is that they arent getting full boost until redline. hope this helped a little.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts