Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am not really sure if this is the appropriate place to post this, but here it goes. I have a 2000 Focus wagon with a bad engine (seized or something), and I am planning to try and sell it as is (the Ford dealer wants $5100 for an engine swap).

My question is, do you guys have any idea what I should be asking for it?

It has new tires, I just serviced the tranny (auto), and it has 142,000 miles on it. A mechanic at the shop offered me $750 for it.

Thanks, Bruce

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
If it were me, I would say in the $8000-$1200 range, all depending on the condition of the car, besides the engine.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Localy we can get used engines for $100-300 with low milage.
Local dude said he can do an engine swap in 2 hours cuz he did so many of them as he does a lot of accident repairs.
So should not be more then $500-600 total bill, maybe $700.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The private party blue book is about $4,835 for the car in "good" condition. I wanted to get $2000-1500 since I figure that someone with more time and a garage (I live in an apartment) could do a used engine swap for under $1000 and still come out ahead.

If anyone lives in the Phoenix/Tempe area and wants a project car, let me know.

·
Registered
2,572 Posts
Around here, thats too much. I just scored a hit in the front ZX3 (fixable) with 60k miles egg yolk yellow, tinted windows, 5speed, a wing, exhaust, etc etc for $500 other then the front damage the car is IMMACULATE But I guess it would vary by location.

Scott

·
Devil's Advocate. Just to cheese you off.
6,880 Posts
I'd just get an engine from kansasracingproducts.com and get 'er running again. Even if you don't want the car anymore you will increase it's value more than the engine cost you.

·
Not Special Enough
10,540 Posts
V

1 - 8 of 8 Posts