Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1 HP at the most..

It will only give you more gains, if the Flex pipe is the LAST piece you replace, for your complete exhaust system..

Most of all, it just smooths out the flow of the exhaust.

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
Oh, I mean "Up to 5"....
Depending on what else you have done...

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
500!!!! That explains the tire melting power whenever I touch the gas. Some poor geek in a 360 Modena tried to catch me this morning.. not a chance.

I don't know... after I install my early 2k intake manifold I'm going in for another Dyno run... I have a feeling this thing is worth more than rumor says.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
its still 1 of my fav mods per dollar. nice piece. makes all ur exh mods whole if u know what i mean.

-Ult

·
Registered
1,574 Posts
Originally posted by OmniFocus:
The tone of the exhaust definately got a little bit deeper, but I SWEAR that I have a little seat of the pants power improvement.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Deeper as in smoother, or deeper as in louder?

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
Originally posted by The ArchAngel:
Deeper as in smoother, or deeper as in louder?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Deeper as in bassier.. change in tone.

Before if I went WOT next to a highway divider I could hear more of an air-rush noise from the exhaust than the exhaust note itself. Now if I try the same, I get more exhaust note, and less air rush noise.

It is subtle, but definately present.

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
Originally posted by shaggyj5:
i really dont think anyone is gonna feel 2-3 hp differnce-sound u will definitely hear a differnce
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yes, I'm well aware of that, which is why I mention seat of the pants. A butt dyno is not nearly adequate, but I'm not going to spend $75 for another dyno run after a $100 mod... When I'm all done with the limit of H stock mods, I'll go for another dyno pull or two.

[ 01-07-2003, 10:34 PM: Message edited by: OmniFocus ]

G

·
0 Posts
My fav. question...is flexpipe considered street legal mod. ? Will it pass cali. smog ?

thanks'

=dRe=

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
Originally posted by aha:
My fav. question...is flexpipe considered street legal mod. ? Will it pass cali. smog ?

thanks'

=dRe=
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">It should be.. It is after the cat, so it shouldn't change emissions characteristics.

Basically it just completes a cat-back exhaust.. which on a Focus isn't really cat-back.

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
Last night I installed the FocusSport flexpipe in addition to my Magnaflow exhaust. No header, stock cat. (Can't change them)

The tone of the exhaust definately got a little bit deeper, but I SWEAR that I have a little seat of the pants power improvement.

How much could this thing be worth? Is 2-3hp possible? It sure seems like it!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts