Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I tried posting this on a Mini forum, but apparently you have to have a paid subscription to ask questions like this

Anyway, I am not trying to sell my car on here, I just wanted to know what a reasonable $$ amount would be for the car. I looked up the KBB already, but that isn't really a good indication of what you can sell it for.

Anyway, 2003 Mini Cooper S with 12,000 miles. Seen one winter.

I know there are other mini owners around here, just looking for a little help. Thanks

-Andrew

·
Registered
766 Posts
You didn't like what KBB valued it at? Just kidding dude, don't take me seriously today, I had Mikidee's for lunch. I say you could normally get away with + $2K from KBB value if you sell privately, if you go to the dealer (why would you want to do that?) they would start at around - $2K of KBB value.

·
Registered
12,749 Posts
Yea about 19K plus or minus 1K for car condition.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Here is a picture of the car
Mini

Condition is good, except for a stone chip on the hood and a slight nick on the left side front wheel.
As far as options go, it is pretty much a stripper. It comes standard with power windows/locks and that sort of thing, but I didn't really get any extras.

KBB came in at 19.8, am I the only one who thinks there is no way the car could be sold for that much? I'm not looking to rip someone off, I'm just looking for a fair price. I bought the car for around 21k, I was just wondering how having it for 2.5 years the price could only come down 2.5k...

-Andrew

·
Registered
148 Posts
thats sounds about right. In the area i live it is actually about 2k more to buy a used mini than a new one

·
Registered
230 Posts
Ask 20k and see what you get, heh. I agree the prices are pretty crazy but the Mini is in demand, so if someone is willing to pay it, so be it.

Or I'll offer to buy it from you for 10k right now

·
Registered
8,101 Posts
I was just wondering how having it for 2.5 years the price could only come down 2.5k...
It's a BMW, and there's a 6 month waiting list for a new one.

·
Registered
468 Posts
I was looking at them recently and it looks to me that there is a huge variance in price. I found some with similar miles for 19k and also saw some for 26k...which would be more than most are new. I think its your call on what you need and how fast you want to sell it.

·
Where is my @#$ antenna?!
4,107 Posts
I was just wondering how having it for 2.5 years the price could only come down 2.5k...
It's a BMW, and there's a 6 month waiting list for a new one.
Come up here to Saskatchewan, they can't even give the things away
Personally I think they are great little cars and quite fun to drive. They can't keepo SRT-4s on the lot here more than a day before they are snapped up. Same goes for mtx Cobalts. Doesn't help that the dealer here is asking $39K CDN for a bottom rung S
I could get a fully loaded SRT-4 for $28K off the lot, or a redline for $32K. Even loaded GTIs here only demand mid $30Ks...

1 - 10 of 10 Posts