Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
the mbrp cat back and FC shorty header, will I feel a diff in driving it?? i know it will sound better but how much more power will it make, it already has a intake!!1

·
Registered
362 Posts
not much power but you will feel it...maybe 7hp at the wheels. The Magnaflow has a pretty deep tone from what i understand.

I know for a fact that the short header/Bosal combo has an awesome sound
Not loud...just deep and mellow

·
Registered
1,107 Posts
I had the Volant + Ceramic Pacesetter Shortie + Bosal..

And when i put the header on last.. I felt it alot. This combo worked great on my automatic.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Get an orp and a cheater for 150 and you will feel and hear power! Shorty headers look nice but the power gain is not as much as if you get rid of the cat. Whomever said 7hp is VERY wishfull.
Most dyno sheets show 3-5 max.

have fun eather way you go. I had the FS coated Shorty and i like the stock /w orp or race header much better.

Milan

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
whats a orp???? and cheater???

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
but that won;t pass the 50 states emissions now will it???

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
I doubt it would pass any states emissions inspection-just be prepared to reinstall stock parts for inspection. another option, though costly, is to put a Random Tech cat in-it is the final touch for a complete high flow exhaust system. Comparing it with the stock cat, well ther's just no comparing the two. It will definately add some power and along with a shorty header they work together to really free up the exhaust flow. Money is always a consideration, but there is so much you can do to get more power without compromising emissions.

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by nordy200:
I doubt it would pass any states emissions inspection-just be prepared to reinstall stock parts for inspection. another option, though costly, is to put a Random Tech cat in-it is the final touch for a complete high flow exhaust system. Comparing it with the stock cat, well ther's just no comparing the two. It will definately add some power and along with a shorty header they work together to really free up the exhaust flow. Money is always a consideration, but there is so much you can do to get more power without compromising emissions.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">like what??? i knoe that by getting rid of the cat i will gain, but depending on how much it will cost me to have my flex pipe taking on and off pnce per year, i may get rid of the cat except when getting inspected

·
Registered
110 Posts
How much is a ORP usually???

·
Registered
110 Posts
How much is a ORP usually?

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
like 140 or so I think

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
you can get the orp at www.mcnewsautomotive.com they have great prices and service. the sotck cat restricts air flow much more than the stock header. if you want maximum gains without spending too much go for the orp. if you want to stay legal get the random tech (about $375 though) or wait for the bosal unit to come out. the orp will cause you to fail emmissions and will trigger a CEL if you don't use the cheater. so be ready to put the stock stuff back on for testing. for the money, you can't beat the orp. don't waste you're money on a shorty header. i've never seen one of these dyno more than 3hp, if that.

Nate

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
The Random tech is expensive but you won't have to remove it for emissions inspections and no CEL from not having any cat at all. It really, really, makes a difference in performance! Combine it with a shorty header and a good cat back and you are talking some real power gains. Sure, it's not the same as a race header W/O a cat but it's all good, and legal too.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts