Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
basically I have the r34 Body kit. Its the front bumper, sideskirts, rear bumper, and the z3 fenders. Any one know approx what this should cost to have installed and painted? Also I am wondering how well paint would stick to the door handles. Thanks for the help...

·
Registered
325 Posts
Lots. I've heard the R34 takes a lot of work to fit properly and look nice, since it's FG. Paint and labor costs vry by region, it's really hard to get a good idea from a national forum.

Best bet is to go to a few reputable shops and ask them, see what the range looks like. Don't go somewhere cheesy like Maaco though, with body work you often get what you pay for. Quality jobs will be more, but the fit will be better, and the paint won't start chipping and peeling first time it rains.

·
Registered
129 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bought it from this guy http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayIS...sspagename=WDVW
He gave me a run around but after I filed a complaint on the 28th day he returned my email with a tracking number and at that point I already had my money back plus the body kit. this guy will not answer email or calls unless you call alot on all three lines but I got a great deal on it just hope the install inst rediculous

·
Registered
681 Posts
just go to the shops in your area and ask around. only way your gonna find out for sure..expect betwen 1500 and 2000 just cause its gonna take a bit to make it fit

·
Registered
681 Posts
depends on how much work they have to do to make it fit. if the fitment is crap then they are gonna need to do more work which will up the price. dont go exactly by what i say. find out for yourself.

·
Registered
437 Posts
after the kit is fitted u can save money by u preping it for paint... i got lucky when i did mine my girlfriends dad does this stuff sofar i got it all done for free except the front, the evo kit front sucks ass

·
Banned
3,061 Posts
in cali my full xenon kit cost me 800 bux for paint .. more than the acctuall kit

·
That one was just me not paying attention....and s
7,509 Posts
I got my whole car repainted green with a blue pearl, which included the removal and replacing my body kit, plus some minor door dings and other minor body work (fiberglass bumper work), and my moldings, handles and mirrors painted for $1400. You would save alot of $$$ if you just had them paint the parts and you put them on yourself, its super easy. But $1500 isnt too bad.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts