Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey nader are nazdawg what the torque wrenchin pressure for the fc header? dam dawg my back acks from climbing under my ride since its hella slammed ehehe the flex pipe was a bitch but hey those bolts could not handle these strong ass mexican hands.i think the kinda tuff part is undoing the machine bolts under the car ehehehe oh and for all those out there lefty loosy righty tighty ahahaha except the bracket that holds the cat in place the two bolts right in the middle of the bracket. to be continued after someone answers my ? up top .

·
Super Moderator
12,435 Posts
Good question man. I just did them hand tight and ran the car. Went back the next day and tightened them again. It's not the best way to do it but I don't have the TQ specs. Lemme check my CD and get back to you.

·
Banned
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
well if you cant get them im headed to kragens tommorrow to pick up some pieces. i was going to grab a book on the zetec engine. but i just thought this fc had different specks compared to the stock one. thanx for answering my thread bro you still one kool brother.

·
Super Moderator
12,435 Posts
I just checked my CD and didn't see anything on the torque specs. If all else fails give Nader or one of the FC guys a call tomorrow before heading out to Kragen to buy something that you may not need.

·
Banned
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Its ok bro i got to go over there anyways to get some more crap for this car that loves to be babyed ahahaha. i got a book for my civic hatchy but i need one for my zetec hatchy ehehe all`s well thanx a hella of alot bro.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Exhaust manifold nuts:
16 Nm or 12 Lb/ft

Catalytic converter to exhaust manifold:
48 Nm or 35 Lb/ft

Catalytic converter to exhaust:
47 Nm or 35 Lb/ft

·
Banned
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
yah why its not that complicated bro it just the nuckle breaker part eheheheh .im going for the fastest all motor automatic fc car ehehehe. so you will here automagic focus breaks 160 mark ahahahaha eheheheheh. hey naz you are hard to get ahold

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
nacho...they ARE putting a triangle piece in there now to hold them together, the welds werent cracking, its the design of the header was pulling the welds apart, the triangle piece should now hold it all together just fine

·
Banned
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
hey dev tell me something since your trusty of anyone i know. does the gap in between the fc header where the y weld is led to cracking of the header. if thats the case why not weld in a triangle metal to hold it up are why not weld the two middle pipes to the two side ones ? can you explain to me whats up on this very important issue that everyone and there momma talk about.

·
Banned
487 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
ok ok so if the headers are only cracking at the y weld . someone might want to check up on this issue its an easy fix the pipe is ok and can handle the heat but the solter to weld the pipe might not be able to handle that heat leaving it in the welders hand. that **** happens if you dont use 990 solter on a hot water pipe eheheh.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts