Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Someone backed into my rear bumper. I took it off to inspect for further damage and there is none, so looks like I just need a new bumper cover. It's held in place with two metal nuts and those incredibly annoying plastic anchor studs that are easy to install in production and very cumbersome to remove.

If my car is stock liquid grey, could I just get a new one in the same color, bolt it on and expect it to match? How much is this likely going to cost?

If it's costly enough it's gotta go through insurance, I'm not gonna bother.

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
i would personally do it through insurance, did u get that persons insurance info? and u could get a bumper already painted to match ur car

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nope. It happened while parked for a few days.

There's nothing damaged beneath the cover, so I was hoping I could just get the same stock color bumper cover for cheap. Maybe the junkyard?

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
the damage dont look that bad, however if you'd like to get one from the junkyard you can if they have one. or you can look on ebay, craigslist, etc..

·
Registered
479 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
the damage dont look that bad, however if you'd like to get one from the junkyard you can if they have one. or you can look on ebay, craigslist, etc..
The question is, if it came from a liquid grey metallic Focus, is it likely that the color will match or is the difference going to make it visible that it was replaced?

·
Registered
1,225 Posts
as long as the paint codes match from the car ur takin it off of, and if it is coming off a lg color foci then yes it'll match

1 - 6 of 6 Posts