Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Faster than a Cobra
16,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How often do you get \"reved at\"?

Okay, first off, I DO NOT WANT THIS THREAD TO HAVE ANY MENTION OF STREET RACING! DO NOT CAUSE MY THREAD TO BE CLOSED PLEASE! I am just curious as to how often you guys drive down the street or highway minding your own business and have some other car, whatever it is, rev at you wanting to race?

I was on the higway driving home from work Saturday night around 10:30 going about 65 with all my windows down because it was a beautiful night. As I am driving I hear a car rev his engine in the left lane. I look over and see the front end of a mid 90's light blue Integra even with my front wheel. This car was slammed on stock wheels with clear tails (not euros....clear) and had two guys in it that were either rednecks or Vin Diesel wannabe's.....I couldn't tell. They passenger had his window down and his arm out and kept looking over at me as they surged their car forward over and over trying to tempt me to race.

I don't know WHY they wanted to race me. I have a bone stock SVT and was minding my own business. I wasn't speeding, driving crazy, or even trying to egg them on. After they reved at me, I just looked over at them, then returned my focus to the road and kept driving at 65. They eventually gave up on trying to get me to race, passed me, and exited that the next off ramp.

Just because I own a car that can be classified as a "Sport Compact" DOES NOT MEAN I WANT TO RACE YOU! That is NOT why I bought this car but I think most people will assume that is the case.

How often do the rest of you get other cars reving at you trying to race? I was annoyed by these morons and can already tell that it will grow old quickly if every other "Sport Compact" on the road tries to get me to race simply because of the type of car I drive....

·
Devil's Advocate. Just to cheese you off.
6,880 Posts
Re: How often do you get \"reved at\"?

Mods: Please DELETE stupid threads rather than let this go down in flames / locks.

Jetters: No street racing. No kill stories. How often do you get revved at?

Thanks.

·
Registered
222 Posts

does tailgated count?
over here we don't get Revved at much, mostly because we don't have much 2lane wide roads..... and if there is, there is a 99% chance that there is a radar nearby...
so those peeps that wanna race will just tailgate you.

what i used to do is pull my handbreaks ahoping that that guy will crash into me. hee hee, but nowadays i just pull over.

·
Registered
641 Posts

Just sometimes. I can tell they are so jealous at my yellow hornet

I hate it when they rev cause if I have my window down, that short intake and cheap tin muffler sound from their cheap ass honda bothers my ears so much.

I always ignore, my motto is as long as you don't endanger me on the road than I am cool.

=dRe=

·
MAKE IT RAIN! ... is that like [email protected](3+/ a [email protected]" and @
7,550 Posts

a dude in an old mustang revved at me today. I was like "are u serious? Im driving a focus!" he goes "yeh I know, but it sounds nice, i just wanted you to rev it"

I died laughin and revved it for him, good times

·
Registered
5,446 Posts

at a stop light, guy in a gorgeous split window corvette, restomod style. IT was pretty obvious he had done a lot of the worok himself rather than getting a shop to build him his midlife crisis fantasy car. I'm a ford boy, but i love ALL big-block burbles...you know the kind that has the loping idle that says "goddammit I may look good in a suit but it sure as hell isnt' comfortable, get me back in a wifebeater". So I rev my stock focus. He looks at me, I give him a goofy smile, rev again. Laughing, he gasses the piss out of it and all of a sudden both our faces are plastered wtih ear-splitting grins. I went home with ample material for a wet dream and he went home knowing that not all kids are stupid ricer punks

*this all happened AT A STOPLIGHT. He did not race off, I did not slam on my accelerator. we left hte light normally when it finally turned green*

·
Registered
3,046 Posts

Got revved by a some Honda's (most of them will beat me), WRX's, STi's, EVO's, a SRT-4, and some 240sx's.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts

When i had my Focus, Ididnt really get revved at too much.

Now that i have my IS300, its seems to be constant. They rev up their whiny ,tinny car. But, its funny seeing their face when i rev back and the hear my intake and exhaust rumble. I dont think they expect a "luxury" car sound a little mean.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts

Almost every day. My car doesn't have lots of exterior mods or anything, and nothing that stands out like a giant wing or anything. Usually last generation Civic SI's, RSX's, Cavaliers (cough), and Protege's.. There's something about Protege drivers around here that always want to race me - not just MSP's, but ES's and 5's too. Kinda weird.

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts

<ul type="square"> [*]i've been revved at by a stock accord with plastic wheel covers, a fart can, and altezzas.
[*]i've been harassed on the highway by a PACK of riced out civics and a corolla.
[*]i've been revved at while WALKING from my friends 2003 chevy impala by some putz in a civic.

......so we parking lot raced.. i had my R compound sandals on, my friend had his sneakers, i beat him by a few feet.
(btw by racing i meant we made ricer sounds while running after the civic, on foot.)

[*]what else... a few times i get revved at, and just look at the kid like he's a putz.
[/list]

·
Registered
143 Posts

i used to happen quite often when my car was in its early stages (wheels, tint). but i found that most rices are cowards and wont mess with a car unless they think they can win in a race. once i put a roll call with some engine mods on my fender for some reason all that stupid rice reving crap stopped. guess they were affraid that if i did want to race them, they would get waxed.

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts

if you have two people on foot racing a car in a parking lot, is that street racing?

·
Registered
172 Posts

Almost once a week some little punk in a dent ridden Neon, with fart can and monster tach mounted on his hood, Revs on me, no matter if I'm, Parked, stopped, or even headed in the other direction.

·
Registered
1,521 Posts

At least once or twice a week. I guess the Bosal hanging down in the back and the fact that it is a little loud attracts them. Usually when they get a good look at me they quit, maybe the gray hair scares them

One day a friend and I met for lunch and he was behind me as we left the resturant. I pulled up to a red light in the right lane. Some teenager in an older Civic pulled up next to me in the left lane and immediately started "reving" on me. So I "reved" back. The light turned green. The kid burns rubber down the street. I turned right and let my friend have him. My friend is a lieutenant on the city police force, who was in uniform in his unmarked cruiser
Every time we get together, he reminds me of it, say he wants to hire me to use as "bait"

·
Tarderatoraka: Red-SE-00'
7,592 Posts

At least once or twice a week. I guess the Bosal hanging down in the back and the fact that it is a little loud attracts them. Usually when they get a good look at me they quit, maybe the gray hair scares them

One day a friend and I met for lunch and he was behind me as we left the resturant. I pulled up to a red light in the right lane. Some teenager in an older Civic pulled up next to me in the left lane and immediately started "reving" on me. So I "reved" back. The light turned green. The kid burns rubber down the street. I turned right and let my friend have him. My friend is a lieutenant on the city police force, who was in uniform in his unmarked cruiser
Every time we get together, he reminds me of it, say he wants to hire me to use as "bait"

0wn463!!!

·
Registered
2,269 Posts

never reved on...but pulled up next to. I then let the loser go ahead and have fun getting a ticket by himself. Dont need one for somehting stupid.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts