Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have an autofaggot transmission, i hate it........sluggish. Will it be possible to do the duratech swap for cheap within 3 years?

·
Registered
694 Posts
You'll have to wait for them to acutally release a duratec powered focus to see. Could you do it right now? Sure, but it may be a lot easier when the new motor come out. Just chill and wait until it's actually out.

·
Registered
745 Posts
it should be cake...just not cheap...you'll still have to purchase the necessary items ie, engine, harness, ecu, bell housing (our mtx75 will work with the new housing). and since it is going into a focus it'll most likely use our stock mounting points...however by you asking those questions it means you have no idea what it involves...hire a professional to help you. anywho the duratech is already available from a few companies....aftermarket has already began and i know its something i will look into in the future because it is an all around better engine than the zetec...

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
Originally posted by zetecblu01:
To heavy--just work with the zetec
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Don't think so...it's all aluminum.

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
Originally posted by Phillip:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by zetecblu01:
To heavy--just work with the zetec
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Don't think so...it's all aluminum.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">yup, i believe 40 lbs lighter is what i remember.

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
OmniFocus,

I think your right with the V6 confusion. I'm just guessing but I'd think the 2.3 swap will be much easier than the 2.5 or 3.0.

Do you know if the exhaust will be on the bumper side or the firewall side?

It's going to be easy to hit the 200 hp. mark NA.

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
Originally posted by NavyZX5:
Better off trading in for the car/engine/MTX you want and BTW watch the lingo.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">How do you come to this conclusion? A 2.3 longblock for under $1000.00. I'd bet we'll be able to do this swap for under $4000.00 and end up with a 200-225 hp engine in the end.

This seems much cheaper than buying a new car (mine's paid for) plus you'd have a nice sleeper.

·
Registered
204 Posts
Exhaust on all of the Duratec I4 engines is on the firewall side......

Nikolas

1 - 15 of 15 Posts