Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought a new SVTF with the Euro Appear Pkg. From going through posts, I've been seeing some pretty ugly things happening to people's cars...stripped of wheels, headlights, grills, etc. I always lock and arm the car, but are there any additional precautions that can be taken to be sure my car doesn't suffer the same fate? I already bought wheel locks, but just how safe is the rest of the car? I'm concerned mainly for the headlights and the seats. Any information or opinions would be appreciated.

·
Registered
286 Posts
The Euro looks nice in Silver. Can you get the black interior with silver? Don't care for the light grey interior.

Back to your question, sadly, if someone wants something bad enough, they'll get it. Not much you can do. Just be smart about where you go, and where you park. And get good insurance!
~Dave

·
INCREDIBLY SHRINKING POST COUNT!!! (PSST...Add 10K
6,259 Posts
sadly, if someone wants something bad enough, they'll get it. Not much you can do. Just be smart about where you go, and where you park
What Dave said but I will also add you might want to look in to having an adjustable motion sensor car alarm to provide additional security with the healights,Recaro seats,window breakage or if someone even tries to jack up your SVTF.

·
Registered
378 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
I have seen where all they have to do is pry out the headlights, they don't even pop the hood, so I would say the hood pin locks would be worthless, just like what was said if somone wants something bad enough they will get it.

·
Registered
413 Posts
Move to a better neighberhood. Buy a house so the car isn't on the street and get a reputable job with a building that has it's own parking lot.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Work and home aren't my concern, it's everywhere else that I'm worried about.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts