Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to get new springs for my 03' SVT. I want it to be stiffer more than i care about how low it goes. I plan on getting 18" RS wheels very shortly and think this will be a necessary modification to eliminate rubbing and bottoming out. If there is another step that i am neglecting that will make 18x8's possible please share. -BS

·
Registered
8,101 Posts
If there is another step that i am neglecting that will make 18x8's possible please share.
1) Dampers that can handle the springs. If you bounce too much, any rubbing problems will be even worse.

2) Flared fenders. You may want to ask in the Tires/Wheels forum, but I'm fairly sure 18x8s won't work with stock fenders. If you choose tires very carefully, you may get away with just rolling the edge of the fenders.

·
Registered
981 Posts
If there is another step that i am neglecting that will make 18x8's possible please share.
1) Dampers that can handle the springs. If you bounce too much, any rubbing problems will be even worse.

2) Flared fenders. You may want to ask in the Tires/Wheels forum, but I'm fairly sure 18x8s won't work with stock fenders. If you choose tires very carefully, you may get away with just rolling the edge of the fenders.
Exactly, the RS wheels necessitate the usage of widened fenders/quarters.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts