Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after a long time of procrastinating, I finally got around to finishing my FR intake manifold. When I got it from FC (who charged me $250 to have it "modified to fit the car"), Nader assured me that it was ready to bolt on to the car. But when I got it, I realized that the top bolt holes were open on top from the slotting required to them. That didnt really bother me until I realized that when the intake slides down, the bolts would be half way out of the flange. So I decided to have some extra aluminum welded to the top of the bolt holes and re-drilled them. Much better this way if you ask me.

BEFORE:

AFTER:

I know that this wasnt exactly a "HAVE to have done" thing. I could have just done as Nader suggested and "Use flange bolts with a really large flange" but I feel alot better about the strength of the manifold knowing that the entire bolt will be holding it down instead of just half of it.

[ 02-18-2003, 02:46 AM: Message edited by: Tobyboom ]

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
Looks good Justin. I agree though, having that little bit of extra metal would make me sleep better too.

·
Registered
272 Posts
nice are you going to go ahead and install the NOX nozzle kit now?

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
gj justin...wont u have 2 go 2 Holley 4 ur direct port, thought the nx 1 didnt fit b/c of the height vs fuel rail issue.

-Ult

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'm still waiting on the NOSzle kit to come in. After that, 300 shot HERE I COME!!!!!!

·
Registered
272 Posts
god da**, 300 shot!!! that would be nice...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts