Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looking at getting a fal fan for turbo clearance issues. I have a universal fan in there now and it's like 2 1/4" thick around the outside of the fan where the clearance problenm is. Can someone tell me how thick there fal fan shroud is in one of the corners of the shroud? I know the website says the fan is like 2 3/8" thick but that is the thickest point taken from the back of the motor most likely. I need to know how much thinner if any the shroud is. Thanks!

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump up the volume...bump up the volume...bump up the volume...DANCE!!DANCE!!

·
Registered
3,943 Posts
Bump up the volume...bump up the volume...bump up the volume...DANCE!!DANCE!!

I laughed so hard when i read that, even had the tune going in my head. Thanks

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haha no prob cory.

·
Banned
1,109 Posts
Single-Unit fans for 4&6 Cyl. to 125 HP (100HP with A/C)
12''fans. Requires 15''x13-1/2''x2-5/8'' mounting surface area. Pulls 1250cfm of air using 9.5 amps.
from jegs for the lazy people out there

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks guys but I already knew that it was 2 5/8" at it's thickest point (even though I mistakenly typed 2 3/8" in my post, sorry!:eek:). My point is that the 2 5/8" dimension accounts for the fan motor and usually that sticks out alot more than the fan and shroud itself. I want to know what the thickness of the fan is around the ouside not in the middle where it is thickest and isn't a concern for my clearance problem. I need someone who has it to pop the hood and take a quick measurement of the edge of their fan shroud.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
that was a close one folks but the officials are calling it steven by a nose.

·
Banned
1,109 Posts
the shroud is just as thick where the motor is, as the edge of the shroud.

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the shroud is just as thick where the motor is, as the edge of the shroud.
Thanks tekin, that's what I wanted to know.
No fal fan for me!

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
I'm rather certain that the silver motor plate sticks out further than the rest of the shroud. Gimme a minute, and I'll go snap some pics.

·
Registered
3,398 Posts

Motor cover definetly sticks out.

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hey thanks for the pics toby! Do you think you can take a measurement of the side of the shroud for me? thanks!

·
Registered
3,398 Posts
What exactly do you want measured? THe actual thickness of the shroud only, or the whole fan at its thickest point?

·
Registered
6,553 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
The thickness of the shround at it's thinnest point which is one of the flat corners of the shroud where the mounting tabs attach.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts