Ford Focus Forum banner
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Resident Wheel-Whore
10,594 Posts
Yeah, but you would be the only one with it, and then you would be like the coolest one around! LOL
Then someone could say, I have the only Contour clock fitted Focus in the country!

·
What have I... What have I... What have I done to
14,710 Posts
Hey if someone wants to donate me a crappy radio bezel I'll be more than happy to try this ;)

Or actually a spare Focus dome light surround, that's what I really need at the moment :evilgrin:

-Brian

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
It's a lot easier just to buy the euro bezzel...it fits perfectly, you just have to remove the plastic from the security LED on the hazard switch to make it all fit in correctly.

focusonfocus said:
NA spec version of..??clock or radio surround that is LHD version??
If clock, is it 24 hrs version, no am/pm, it will show 13 instead of 1pm.

if radio surround, have to get it from germany because they are LHD.
Hit the hour and minute button together to change from 24 hour to 12 hour mode.

·
14,710 Posts
But that sort of things costs more money, and I don't have any of that ;) :lol:

-Brian

·
14,710 Posts
Therein lies the problem, and I'm not sure how many are gonna be plentiful on ebay.fr assuming I know enough French to get by there :lol:

-Brian

·
Registered
8 Posts
So lets wake up a 2 year old thread. :p The wiring I get for the most part. Hot, accy, and ground. But illumination? Is that as simple as splicing into the illumination lead that comes to my radio? And what's the hazard one about?

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
HawkeyeFLA said:
So lets wake up a 2 year old thread. :p The wiring I get for the most part. Hot, accy, and ground. But illumination? Is that as simple as splicing into the illumination lead that comes to my radio? And what's the hazard one about?
The hazard LED is because the "security" led is in the clock in the euro version, not above the hazard, so you reroute the LED to the clock.

·
Premium Member
2003 SVT Focus, stock. 2004 SVT Focus, RS replica.
12,229 Posts
Please note that Pin 4 (illumination) is incorrectly labelled. It is actually og/bk.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Back from the dead....

Just installed mine. I followed the wiring diagram exactly (expect for the pin 4 correction)....

Questions: Does this clock stay on all the time, even when the car is off? Mine does.... (Even though the illumination shuts off properly and everything). Is that just how it works?

Also, for some reason, I'm unable to change the time, at all. No matter what sequence I hit the buttons in, it won't change. Ideas?

Let me know, from you guys that have this already.

·
Premium Member
12,229 Posts
The clock should change as soon as you hit the H or M buttons... there is no special sequence. If it won't change, you probably need a new clock.

Just like the stock headunit, the numbers are always there, but the green backlight should turn off.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
Ok cool.... I just wanted to make sure that was all correct since I'm the first one out here with one.

Well that sucks.... I may just have to cheat than and just reset my bat at midnight tonight. That will remedy the problem, since it will start me at 00:00 again.

Thanks Cayse.

·
Premium Member
12,229 Posts
You can confirm all the connections with the way I did mine if you'd like.

EDM clock (includes alarm LED)
1 gn/ye ignition power (from radio harness)
2 bk/ye ground (from radio harness)
3 blank
4 og/bk illumination (from radio harness)
5 bk/og LED ground
6 og/ye LED power

EDM hazard switch (no alarm LED)
1 blank (transfer harness wire to EDM clock pin 6)
2 blank (transfer harness wire to EDM clock pin 5)
3 blank (same as stock)
4 bk/og (same as stock)
5 bk/og (same as stock)
6 og/gn (same as stock)

That should do it.

·
Registered
1,068 Posts
I'll double check em tommorow, but at first glance that sounds the exact same to how I did mine. Thanks.

Besides not being able to change the time (I think I may just have a bumb clock, where the buttons are messed up), everything is working spot on. Including the hazard stuff...

·
Registered
349 Posts
this will have to happen to my car someday

·
Not so deadly anymore
873 Posts
i got a problem.

i was installing the clock so i just wired 1, 2, & 4. to see if the clocked worked.

well.... the clock doesn't even turn on or illuminate. now i have a new cig lighter green light ring in which i just joined it to the wires 2 & 4, and the cig lighter green light ring thing works and no the clock. so i know theres at least power going through.

anyone have an idea???? do i have a defective clock????

·
Premium Member
12,229 Posts
Try hooking up Pin 5 as well; it my just need the other ground for something.

Actually, try Pin 6, too. It's possible that it needs this lead to power the entire unit, and the other pins are just for clock functions when the car is on.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts