Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this on someones car. I want to change mine from gray to black. i think they just put new fabric over it, but it could have been dyed. just wondering what it was, where to buy, and how to do it. thanks very much in advance for the help. i want to tackle this project before friday so your help is greatly appreciated

·
Registered
480 Posts
I have an idea for that piece as well, but I need to take it off completely. What is involved in doing that? I think I remember gearing that it is glued to the door. Is that true?

·
Registered
172 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i thought it would have to be glued togther. i cant believe you only used a screwdriver to push them in. it looks nice though. does it stay in well??

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
went to jo ann fabrics today and wow did i feel out of place. anyways, what kind of fabric should i use? i want a plain black color.

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
Does anyone know where I could pick up a nice silver looking material or what one might be made out of? I went to JoAnne Fabrics and couldnt find anything to my liking.

·
Registered
519 Posts
went to jo ann fabrics today and wow did i feel out of place. anyways, what kind of fabric should i use? i want a plain black color.
It's really up to you. The most popular choice seems to be Felt or Flannel. If you have stock cloth seats, the felt would look the best. I used vinyl for my doors to match my leather seats. Just be creative...before I got leather, I was thinking about Leopard skin...haha...

·
Registered
519 Posts
Does anyone know where I could pick up a nice silver looking material or what one might be made out of? I went to JoAnne Fabrics and couldnt find anything to my liking.
Hmmmm...for a silver car....I know this may sound crazy, but it would look pimp as hell. Get some shiny silver material that's used to make Prom dresses. They make some metallic, shimmery type of material that changes color in different angles of light. OMG, that would be tight! I may have to do that myself...hehehe....

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
hey badmojo. i bought some black vinyl fabric (looks like leather) and tried what you said of just pushing it in. i wasnt using a putty knofe. i was using a screw driver with just a practice piece and i couldnt gte it to go in. did you remove the whole panel? or did you just use some force and pry it in? thanks!

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
A fellow jetter found this type of fabric and did it to his door panels, anyone know where else I could pick something like this up?

Here is how nice his turned out...

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
i did the method where you just put the fabric over the existing fabric and tuck the extra. real easy, real cheap, and makes a big difference! heres how mine turned out...

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yeah i covered my handles with fabric today (the ones you pop out with a screwdriver) it looks nice. I have to do the door panels still. I also want to paint the silver piece on the door panels silver to match my vents and the svt hvac piece. i just hope it doesnt turn out like [censored]

·
Registered
7,351 Posts
i did the method where you just put the fabric over the existing fabric and tuck the extra. real easy, real cheap, and makes a big difference! heres how mine turned out...

Is that bird crap?

·
Registered
1,450 Posts
HAHAHAHAHA! on the inside of my door?!?!? nooo thats my speaker wires hanging out of the panel because it didnt have any tweeters when i got the car. i never realized itreally does look like bird crap...hahaha

·
Registered
1,072 Posts

Is that bird crap?
That is the first post in at least a month that has made me laugh out loud. My coworkers probably think I lost it.

BTW, that is a tite interior.. good job

1 - 17 of 17 Posts