Ford Focus Forum banner

41 - 60 of 82 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Paula's charity recently received advertising grants with Google. She wants to help us spread the word about Focus Rising by advertising with her charity. When we are 'googled', an ad will pop up on the right that will link them to a dedicated Focus Rising page that resides on "Wishes & Rainbow's" website. From there, people can click on the link to FR's site. Again, this page will be dedicated to FR and tell people about our event. She can also put a link on their site that links to our page. This will give a chance for all to find out about FR while surfing Wishes and Rainbows. After all, we need all the help we can get to achieve our goal of 200 cars. Not to mention that THIS IS FREE ADVERTISING.
In return, she would like to see a silent auction at the banquet with the proceeds going to Wishes and Rainbows.
Instead of raffling off lots of small items, larger items will be auctioned. This will get folks out quicker. I believe this was a complaint from 2010's event. People got tired of just sitting there.
Either larger items, or baskets of multiple smaller items with different stuff in each basket.We can auction as many baskets as we see fit. We can actually use wash buckets for this.
I'm not sure what Ron can give us for 2011, and I'm sure our other sponsors can help with this. Performance parts and accessories would be most beneficial.

I'm not sure how this will effect the toy drive if at all. If anything, it may help them out as well since they are listed on FR's site.

Again, I want strong consideration here as this can give us the help we need to hit our goals.

Please don't tell anyone about this as this forum must remain private. Her charity can lose the grants if we advertise that we received help.

thanks
Sean

·
King wheel-whore. BOW before me!
4,743 Posts
What is Wishes and Rainbows and who is Paula?

·
Registered
263 Posts
lol, Paula is my wife and wishes and rainbows is her charity. Her charity helps people with Arnold Chiari malformation pay some of their travel expenses when they or a close family member has surgery scheduled. Go to wishesandrainbows.org for more info on that.

·
4,743 Posts
lol, Paula is my wife and wishes and rainbows is her charity. Her charity helps people with Arnold Chiari malformation pay some of their travel expenses when they or a close family member has surgery scheduled. Go to wishesandrainbows.org for more info on that.
Oh that Paula, duh, sorry LOL I was tired yesterday after H2Oi

·
Registered
263 Posts
we need to act on this if we are going to go through with it. the grants became available today. if we dont start getting hits, they wont continue it. we have 90 days as a trial. if it does well, google will continue to provide the ad.

KEN! thoughts?

·
Faster than a Cobra
16,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
Sean, honestly I am not a huge fan of a silent auction. One person gets the item but with how cheap most of us Focus owners are, it might not get way up there in price.

However, if there was a dedicated raffle for ONE LARGE item with the proceeds going to Wishes and Rainbows, then it could draw in more donations.

For example, a set of wheels for the Focus up for silent auction might net $200 or so but if it was done as a raffle for just that item, then I could see many people buying multiple tickets for a chance at winning. Say $2.00 a ticket for a chance to win them and I bet most people would buy 5-10 tickets each. With that it only takes 10-20 people to get 5-10 tickets to make $200, so more money could be made for them that way.

·
4,743 Posts
Yeah Sean I gotta agree with Jason on this one. We did the Silent thing at FocusFest 2008 and it was a flop well minus those who paid up and got stuff. I know I got cam gears, side markers, and a few other things for mad cheap like under $5 cheap. It was a flop. I'm down for doing Paula's chairty instead of Josh's but I think Jason is right there, it may be better done as a raffle for a few big things or one big thing. I plan on redo-ing the sponsorship deal anyway for this year to be more inline with shows like H2Oi as far as having a Premier Sponsor then Associate Sponsors as well as goody bag sponsors

·
Registered
263 Posts
k, the silent auction thing was just an idea. we can do whatever works the best and brings in the most $$.

i just want to take full advantage of the advertising!

if your interested in not bring the toy drive back and having wishes and rainbows be the premier, thats cool too.

ill give this more thought while im at work and see what i can scheme.

thanks!
sean

·
Registered
263 Posts
had another idea. pimp cards....

ken, id prolly be able to fund this if needed. i know roughly how much you put out. i could do this one. just need the FR logo and i can photoshop some pics and make a decent design.

i want every focus in our communities with cards advertising FR

yes or no?

·
Faster than a Cobra
16,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
had another idea. pimp cards....

ken, id prolly be able to fund this if needed. i know roughly how much you put out. i could do this one. just need the FR logo and i can photoshop some pics and make a decent design.

i want every focus in our communities with cards advertising FR

yes or no?
Not sure if I want to know the story behind that....... :lol:

I know both of you are East coast and still think of FR as an East Coast show, but it can easily draw people from the MidWest too. Pimp cards would work great for local communities, but honestly, who would be more likely to come to FR; your everyday IJAC Focus owner, or an enthusiast who is somewhat active across the internets?

·
4,743 Posts
@ Sean I'm not sure on teh Pimp Cards, we can kinda do that really inexpensively with Flyers and probably get the same result. I think Jason is right, I think we need to "focus" on the interwebs

·
Registered
263 Posts
just sayin...to all the focus owners out there that we have come across that have no clue about FF or FJ.

they exist

the cards would be for those cars.

jason, the few of you from the midwest made it known that Focus Rising is not just an east coast show. cards can be passed out across the country.

·
4,743 Posts
I concur on the local level but I find it hard seeing someone out in Texas or Michigan making the drive not knowing without being a die-hard enthusiast. Locally I could see it happening but not nationally.

·
Faster than a Cobra
16,008 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
It is held at the largest Ford show in the US and that helps a LOT. However, if someone is not already some form of enthusiast, I doubt a card or flyer will make them do a 12-20 hour drive for a car show of any sort.

·
4,743 Posts
^ Truth.

I'm working with Pat from Carlisle Performance and Style on promoting it a bit during Performance and Style a little bit, plus I'm still working with Mark from Ford on next year's support. We should easily pull 150 Foci, I want to see 200 though and I'm not kidding about that number either.

·
4,743 Posts
Also Threads like Casey's and Mike's are only helping out in building momentum and rep for the event :thumbup:

·
4,743 Posts
BTW Jason, you are probably gonna get contacted by ChuckDee from FF, he's trying to get a bunch of the Dallas/Ft Worth and Houston folks to caravan up. He's also in talks with the Oklahoma City guys from FF as well on drumming up some Foci from there.

41 - 60 of 82 Posts