Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got a pulley kit and i know that the water and crank pulley will be easy to do. Ive heard that the alternator isnt so easy to do. Is there instructions out there tha could help me figure what im gonna have to do to get to my alternator?

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
remove the belt from it, remove the two pain in the ass 10mm bolts (pull out towards the passenger side) remove the wiring clip and the 10 mm bolt that holds on the power cable (that one is annoying too)... pry the alternator from the block, angle it so you can get an air wrench on it, remove the old pully, install the new one.

if ya can't get to it, it's the same size as the stock one anyway, just lighter.

took me 3x as long to do the alternator pulley as the other two combined.

·
Registered
662 Posts
This link is for just the crank pulley, the FocusSport one, http://www.myfordfocus.com/how-to/focussport-udp.htm

I know that doesn't help you with the FC and the alt. pulley, but at least there are some pictures
and illustrations of the belt path.

For the Focus Central alt. pulley, many people just leave the stock one, since the FC one is the same size. Apparently, and I don't speak from personal experience, the alt. pulley bolt is on there really good and you need an impact wrench to get it off. That requires you to remove the alt., which means you have to move the brake and coolant resevoirs to get the alt. A knuckle buster for sure...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts